Movies you wish you could have seen in theaters when they were first released

August4th

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 2:22 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

As far as what movie I wish I could have seen in theaters, assuming we're talking about being at a reasonable age where we could in theory appreciate the work, it would probably be The Exorcist for me. Being a huge fan of the horror genre, think this would have been incredible to see in theaters where the special effects were at the peak of the industry.

Check this out:

• Like 1

If you missed out on paranormal activity one when it came out then you missed out. Dudes next to me hugging his chick cuz he was scared! And I was there like wtf. That movie when it came out was the truth! Now it’s trash but when it came out it was on some exorcism type ish. The whole movie theater had their butt hole quench. We couldn’t even get tickets for it and had to go see it 5 cities away. 

19 hours ago, El ramster said:

If you missed out on paranormal activity one when it came out then you missed out. Dudes next to me hugging his chick cuz he was scared! And I was there like wtf. That movie when it came out was the truth! Now it’s trash but when it came out it was on some exorcism type ish. The whole movie theater had their butt hole quench. We couldn’t even get tickets for it and had to go see it 5 cities away. 

Very few horror movies hold up as SCARY on their second viewing.  Paranormal Activity was never a good movie, but it scared me pretty damn bad the first time I saw it. 

59 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Very few horror movies hold up as SCARY on their second viewing.  Paranormal Activity was never a good movie, but it scared me pretty damn bad the first time I saw it. 

Yup had that Blair’ witch project type of feel. Many actually thought it was real back then.

Just now, El ramster said:

Yup had that Blair’ witch project type of feel. Many actually thought it was real back then.

I'll never forget hyping up the, "It's actually real," angle to my sister.  She was crying while we walked out of the movie theater. 

Took a train from Madison to Chicago on a Saturday morning with my future wife. Lunch in the Loop. Saw The Godfather at one of the old operatic cinemas now mostly gone.  Astonished, a bit shocked. We left the theater and headed back by train. She wondered about exaggerated movie violence. I was amazed at the realism.

On 5/18/2018 at 11:21 PM, Tyty said:

Honestly, Titanic most of all. And not for the romance.  The movie was stunningly beautiful and would be amazing on a big screen

Not my answer but the same idea I would say with Star Wars....would of been cool to see people react to special effects who had like never seen special effects before haha.