The Totally Transcendent Teddy Thread

Heimdallr

12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I still don't understand why QB, OL and DL don't just wear double knee braces all the time.... 

For a lot of them it's image, but braces do limit your mobility. I can see always wearing a brace for OL, interior DL, and pure pocket passers, but scrambling QBs, and especially edge rushers, losing that mobility could greatly affect their performance. 

It'll be interesting to see if he'll need to wear a brace for the rest of his career. He's mobile, but more of pocket passer than anything. He was never going to be like Vick, Newton etc.

I'd just hate to see him lose all of his mobility and be a sitting duck back there.

Kyle Rudolph:  "He's unbelievable. With the way that he works each and every day, I don’t think people realize what it’s like when the end is not near. I’ve been through a lot of surgeries. Every surgery I’ve had has been three to six months rehab and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. When you have an injury as devastating and severe as his, you know there’s light at the end of the tunnel, but you know it’s way down the road. The way that he continues to work each and every day – and he doesn’t care that it’s going to take waking up and doing the same thing over and over and over again to get him back to where he was – I think you see that with him right now.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/19/kyle-rudolph-praises-teddy-bridgewaters-work-ethic-in-recovery-process/

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

FWIW, Sam Bradford was wearing a brace on his left knee both times he tore his ACL. 

Really? Those are some pretty pointless braces.... If they aren't preventing lateral torque, what are they doing?

Archived