The Totally Transcendent Teddy Thread

Heimdallr

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater will be ready to go once he’s eligible to return from the PUP list in Week 7

http://nfltraderumors.co/vikings-qb-teddy-bridgewater-expected-ready-return-week-7/

It'll be interesting to see what Spiels chooses to do with the QB roster after Week 9 (when he'll have to be added to the 53-man roster).  

Maybe a silly question, but being on IR/PUP does not exempt a player from being given a playbook right? In all this time Shurmer has been OC, Teddy should have been given a playbook and be up to speed even though he can't practice, right?

I think logically he should have one but i don't know all the limitations IR and PUP set in place.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Maybe a silly question, but being on IR/PUP does not exempt a player from being given a playbook right? In all this time Shurmer has been OC, Teddy should have been given a playbook and be up to speed even though he can't practice, right?

I think logically he should have one but i don't know all the limitations IR and PUP set in place.

He's in meetings every week. I would assume he has a playbook.

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I would still expect Sloter to be dropped back to the practice squad. 

If he clears waivers, I'm sure he will have to continue to be paid pretty highly.

I love Teddy, I hope it works out. Hope he can come back and lead the team for many years. But my faith in that is still low for this year.

I almost really wish he could just stay on the PUP and Bradford could have a healthy season, but then again what worries me is what do they do next year. Hate to see us sign Bradford to a long term contract to see Teddy beat him out for the spot.

Our QB situation really breaks my heart.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If you’re not willing to invest long term in Bradford, it wouldn’t be much of an advantage to commit so much cap space to him for one year. 

If his knee is going to be problematic, then it’s best to just move on. 

What if Teddy doesn't play this year? Then you don't actually know what you have in him. So it might not be prudent to just think 'Teddy is the man' for example

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I'm not sure if those are better options then Bradford for 1 extra season, assuming he plays the rest of the season.

Exactly.

The Vikes already have a guy experienced and productive in the system.

Decided to check the schedule.

Next game is his 6th game to miss. So he activation window is 7th (Ravens), 8th (Browns @ UK), then maybe 9th (Redskins after bye). I'm not sure if bye week counts towards the 3 weeks.

Looks like that London game in AM might be the best time for activation. He gets 2 wks to practice (maybe starts in London) then gets 2 week's to rest up for next game.

Very plausible IMO

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Exactly.

The Vikes already have a guy experienced and productive in the system.

But, it looks like Bradford can't take any hitting, and The Vikings' OL can't protect him.  I would let him move on, and go with teddy plus a pick up for insurance.

Archived