The Totally Transcendent Teddy Thread

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

what do we think the odds are Teddy isn't a Jet next year? 50/50?

heck, he might not be a Jet in three months.

I think we will know after the draft. If the Jets take a QB at 3, I think it's unlikely Teddy would have any desire to return in 2019.

44 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

It was never supposed to be this way, man. I really thought he was going to be a Viking for a long time.

Nearly breaks my heart..?

It would be great to bring Teddy back when he is available next year. It would be even better for Teddy if he beats out McCown and shows enough with the Jets that some other team signs him as a starter. I'll root for what is best for Teddy rather than rooting for Teddy making his way back to the Vikings next year.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

It would be great to bring Teddy back when he is available next year. It would be even better for Teddy if he beats out McCown and shows enough with the Jets that some other team signs him as a starter. I'll root for what is best for Teddy rather than rooting for Teddy making his way back to the Vikings next year.

They won't bring Teddy back. They ripped the bandaid of fast. Hope he does well for himself in another situation

25 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

They won't bring Teddy back. They ripped the bandaid of fast. Hope he does well for himself in another situation

Not with Cousins here. Hopefully he does well in NY but it seems he may be viewed as nothing more than a stop gap.

12 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Not with Cousins here. Hopefully he does well in NY but it seems he may be viewed as nothing more than a stop gap.

I think he will be the surprise of the NFL season coming up!  Maybe even comeback player of the year.  Teddy will start and do well with the JETS, who will bust again trying to draft a qb!!

18 hours ago, vike daddy said:

what do we think the odds are Teddy isn't a Jet next year? 50/50?

heck, he might not be a Jet in three months.

I think there's about a 25% chance that he's still a Jet in September.  Whoever they draft at #3 will be the backup and they'll trade Teddy somewhere else (as long as he has a decent preseason).  

Keep in mind that their other QB is a 38-year old. He won't be a longterm fixture at backup QB.

Teddy won't be pushed out the door there. Just a matter of if he'll get legit starting opportunities elsewhere.

3 hours ago, disaacs said:

I think there's about a 25% chance that he's still a Jet in September.  Whoever they draft at #3 will be the backup and they'll trade Teddy somewhere else (as long as he has a decent preseason).  

The Jets are probably the one team in the league that has been looking for a franchise quarterback longer than the Vikings!  Who have they had since Namath??  They can't afford to just dismiss a young Quarterback like Bridgewater in the hope that they can draft someone better!  When have they proven that they can draft a franchise Quarterback?  It hasn't been done by them since 1966!  No, I think Bridgewater might be the best shot they've got to get to .500 in 2018 and the playoffs in 2019.  And, I hope that he does it!

12 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

The Jets are probably the one team in the league that has been looking for a franchise quarterback longer than the Vikings!  Who have they had since Namath??  They can't afford to just dismiss a young Quarterback like Bridgewater in the hope that they can draft someone better!  When have they proven that they can draft a franchise Quarterback?  It hasn't been done by them since 1966!  No, I think Bridgewater might be the best shot they've got to get to .500 in 2018 and the playoffs in 2019.  And, I hope that he does it!

Ken O'Brien?  :D

The only thing I can think about all of this is that they must not have been convinced that his knee would hold up.  Otherwise, I don't see why they would just let a guy like that go and then make such a huge investment in Cousins. 

Also, I originally thought he was being paid a guaranteed salary of $5M/year with the Jets, but it sounds like it's actually only $500,000 guaranteed.  When you consider that Bradford, whose knee will only get worse, is getting $20/M to play in Arizona this year, Teddy must still have a ways to go before proving that he has recovered from his injury.  There sure isn't that much difference in their play and future potential otherwise.

Archived