The Totally Transcendent Teddy Thread

Heimdallr

Active/PUP relates to players being unable to start training camp with a football-related injury. There is no rule governing them to sit out of practice for any amount of time. Once they are medically cleared, they're allowed to practice that moment. At this point, every mention of PUP that you're seeing pop up around the NFL, refers to the Active/PUP. It's the less catastrophic Armageddon version, but it enables players to eventually become eligible for the other PUP list (which benefits teams with players still recovering).

Then there's the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform List. If by the end of the preseason a player isn't medically cleared yet, he can be transferred to the Reserve/PUP, which prevents that player from playing and practicing during the first six weeks of the season -- however that player doesn't count against the 53-man roster. If the player isn't activated after the sixth week, the team has a three-week window to make a decision (injured reserve, release, activation).

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/7/26/3188388/difference-between-active-pup-list-and-reserve-pup-list

On 7/25/2017 at 9:46 AM, TENINCH said:

Wouldn't Teddy be a free agent after this season?

I believe if he is designated to the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform List, his contract will be tolled into 2018. If he is activated at any point before, or on the 6th game of the regular season, he won't be tolled and would become a free agent. 

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Expected. We won't see Bridgewater until after week 6, at the earliest. 

I agree, I think I said this in the old forum but after the six weeks are up you can take it by a week to week basis, for 3 weeks, or just IR him. We can designate at least 1 player to return from IR. 

My biggest fear was that he wouldn't be able to throw or practice for so long that he would regress and not be able to get back to where he is. So if he is throwing like that, I don't care how long it takes for him to be ready for full contact; as long as he is getting those reps and practicing that is good.

You know...we have witnessed Peterson's remarkable comeback from a knee injury to rush for over 2k yards.  We are seeing some remarkable footage of Teddy's recovery from a knee injury that could've been career ending.  I know that genetics play into recovery as does determination and attitude.  Yet, the Vikings have a darn good training staff!  Hats off to them.

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

You know...we have witnessed Peterson's remarkable comeback from a knee injury to rush for over 2k yards.  We are seeing some remarkable footage of Teddy's recovery from a knee injury that could've been career ending.  I know that genetics play into recovery as does determination and attitude.  Yet, the Vikings have a darn good training staff!  Hats off to them.

There's a reason why Certified Athletic Trainer Eric Sugarman has remained in the organization through 3 HCs.  He's one of, if not the best, athletic trainers in the NFL.  

Archived