The Totally Transcendent Teddy Thread

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

rumor (without substantiation) out there that Teddy would welcome a trade to the Dolphins.

I may be in the minority here, but I hope Bradford solidifies his spot as QB of the future. At some point this year, I hope Bridgewater gets an opportunity to show he has regained his health and value. Maybe some 4th quarter mop up duty or a meaningless end of the year game (hopefully because we are resting our players for the playoffs;).

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

rumor (without substantiation) out there that Teddy would welcome a trade to the Dolphins.

I'm sure Teddy would like to go back to his home team. Can Teddy still step in day one? That's what Miami needs.

im still on the side that Bradford is the QB of the future and I believe he's going to benefit tremendously from having a run game.

scenario to discuss...

Bradford plays well the first half of this year. Teddy comes back after six weeks and shows to be healthy and productive in practices and mop up duty in games. Cutler goes down with a season ending injury in Miami.

Spiel makes the phone call to his old team and asks for a 2018 2nd and a 2019 3rd for Teddy to go back to Florida.

do the deed? hold out for a 1st?

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I'm not paying a 30 year old, mediocre quarterback $20M+ a year. 

No, but Zygi Wilf probably will.

People get way too caught up in the dollar amounts these days, not factoring what the going rate is at the position.

Almost half (14/32) of the league's starting QBs make an average of $20 million/year. Another quarter (8/32) are making between $15-20 million. Cutler is at $10 million and after that it's crappy veterans (McCown, Hoyer) and guys on rookie contracts.

So unless you think it's better to cycle through quarterbacks every 5 or so years, a team's starting quarterback is going to be paid a significant amount of money.

I think Bradford has the potential to be in the top 10-15 range for QB's this year, and would be swell to keep on the team, but with how Teddy is recovering, I think I'd roll with him in 2018 and beyond. He is younger and could reasonably come back on a cheaper contract since his health is a serious variable. 

As as far as trading Teddy, I do think it's a reasonable option if we look to keep Sam, but I think they "hype" surrounding him and his recovery, plus his youth and relative success while playing would lead to a 1st and then some (possibly the same sort of trade capitol as what we sent for Bradford). With it being a QB league, I can see someone paying a wealthy sum for a young QB with upside who has been at least average in the league.

At this point, I think Teddy will stay on PUP and the contract will toll a year. If that's the case, I could see Bradford franchised for one year, and then 2018 training camp is a QB competition, with one of them getting the starting job and a longterm contract while the other is the backup for a year or traded..

8 minutes ago, Klomp said:

At this point, I think Teddy will stay on PUP and the contract will toll a year. If that's the case, I could see Bradford franchised for one year, and then 2018 training camp is a QB competition, with one of them getting the starting job and a longterm contract while the other is the backup for a year or traded..

for a 12 year old, that's pretty astute thinking.

It makes a lot more sense to me than either just handing Teddy the starting job without knowing if he's back to his old self and letting Sam walk or keeping Sam and trading someone just coming off an injury for pennies on the dollar

Archived