Welcome back? DT Cedric Thornton brought in on a workout.

Kiltman

32 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

At this point, I don't see why you don't give Hankins a couple years and mutual option years or something. Timmys contract was probably a bit hasty to begin with. Hankins is going to be as good as Timmy. We move on from both Timmy and Ngata after this year, draft a DT in 2019 and he can take the bulk of the snaps next to Cox in 2020 after we decide what to do with Hankins. 

I wonder if he wants too much, or Howie is trying to not put us in a spot should someone get injured.

Even if he was asking for a reasonable amount we really don't have any cap space to do it as it stands.

That Kendricks contract can still be moved on from. But that would leave us pretty thin. Im still not certain Foles won't be traded yet. There's money for a rainy day. 

The longer guys like Hankins and Bryant wait, the less they're going to get. Either in years or money or both. They HAVE to play though. You can't take a year off in the NFL. So they'd have to settle for pennies on the dollar. 

I would assume we can't make any more moves but this one just makes too much sense. I'm not confident at all in the DT2 spot. I'm figuring they're assuming Graham and Bennet will be in those rush DT roles a lot. 

That Kendricks contract can still be moved on from. But that would leave us pretty thin. Im still not certain Foles won't be traded yet. There's money for a rainy day. 

The longer guys like Hankins and Bryant wait, the less they're going to get. Either in years or money or both. They HAVE to play though. You can't take a year off in the NFL. So they'd have to settle for pennies on the dollar. 

I would assume we can't make any more moves but this one just makes too much sense. I'm not confident at all in the DT2 spot. I'm figuring they're assuming Graham and Bennet will be in those rush DT roles a lot. 

qualls looked ok in limited snaps last year 

Destiny is a solid player

and ngata is a good one if we can limit his snaps

I think we can surivive until timmy gets back but still wouldnt mind making an upgrade move. Maybe see what happens in camp.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He looked better than okay. I really think he can be a nice rotational player for us. Like him more than Destiny.

plus we do have fletcher cox our dt situation can't really be in any sort of trouble by default 

The idea of getting rid of either right now seems pretty dumb to me.

If we can find a way to free enough room to wiggle Hankins under the cap, then fine, but its not very likely I don't think.

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

Qualls and Vaeao looked decent in limited opps. 

We just need a solid 1st/2nd down contribution, we have options to slide in for pass rush 

No doubt early season Timmy was a difference maker 

They are going to give Qualls and Vaeao every opportunity to see if they can be meaningful contributors in the rotation in camp and OTA's. Until then they are getting their short list together if they need to bring someone in

Also the Eagles have like what 11 picks next year? They might be able to get someone in a trade if they need too. You know Wizard Howie is working the phones too. Could get someone back in a Kendricks deal as well.

No need to rush out and sign someone like big Ced now. He is probably a last resort option TBH

On 5/20/2018 at 1:56 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

The idea of getting rid of either right now seems pretty dumb to me.

If we can find a way to free enough room to wiggle Hankins under the cap, then fine, but its not very likely I don't think.

One could conclude that paying that kind of money to backups is dumb too. Now, we all know what transpired last year and those guys came in handy, to belittle their work, but the days of having a deep roster will be over soon. Timmy's injury looks to be pretty serious. At least serious enough to really effect his play going forward. Landing a guy like Hankins to bridge to younger DTs just makes sense to me. I mean, would you trade Kendricks for Hankins straight up? I know I would. That's basically what it will cost at this point. We create so much disruption through our DTs that I can see how Howie would want that to remain that forefront to his plan. Our D shut down run games all year and it was a huge key to our success. 

Archived