Alex Smith had the highest completion % on play-action passes in 2017

turtle28

7 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This is strong.  Especially coming from Keim.

Yes, I was going to post it myself last night, but I’m tired of the comparisons/arguments between the two and the arguments over ASmith that never seem to end and will never be settled.

All that matters to many.... is that at the minimum, Washington made a lateral QB move that became very necessary, after the contract choices made years ago. 

The only reasons to dislike this move.. is if you're stuck on the hype of not having drafted a young, cheap, and exciting QBotF to develop. Or if you'd rather see the team tank for a year or so until changes are made up top. 

I look at the roster, and see a team that is ready to contend now. I see names and ages of some strong players that need to be given that chance of a SB run now... not a few or more years down the road. Build back up a winning culture, and if that SB run comes up short in 2-3 years, time to start that QBotF that was already selected and developing. (drafted high in 2020) 

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

All that matters to many.... is that at the minimum, Washington made a lateral QB move that became very necessary, after the contract choices made years ago. 

Ok I have so many things to add to this sentence.  

1.  The "After the contract choices made years ago" part should of caused a complete cleaning house of our front office already.  

2.  You think paying to make a lateral move at QB is smart?  

3.  Even if this is a lateral move at QB (which I disagree), we downgraded at CB.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok I have so many things to add to this sentence.  

1.  The "After the contract choices made years ago" part should of caused a complete cleaning house of our front office already.  

2.  You think paying to make a lateral move at QB is smart?  

3.  Even if this is a lateral move at QB (which I disagree), we downgraded at CB.  

1. You are welcomed to that opinion. If they don't see Cousins as someone they wanted as their guy for whatever reasons, or the contract demand too steep? That's their call, and it could prove a wise one. The future isn't yet set on this. 

2. Like I just stated, I see a good roster that can compete now at a high level.. so yes. Kirk was GONE, so if the alternative choices are to either greatly downgrade or move laterally at the position? give me the lateral. 

3. QB > CB .. To first be a relevant team, you need a good starting QB that isn't running for the door. If you have a good pass rush D (Washington was 5th best in pressure %), then that can go a long ways into helping a lesser proven CB step into a larger role. I think Dunbar, Moreau, and possibly others can do the job well enough to make the loss of Fuller sting less. 

I think Kirk was and is a good starting QB. A bit turnover prone so far, but he's good enough to win for a strong team. 

I think Alex was and is a good starting QB, and good enough to win for a strong team. 

Kirk was gone. Washington is or will be a strong team. I can easily see why they made this move. It's going to be a fun season. :) 

I don't think we made a lateral move at all. I think Alex will be an upgrade at QB for us over Kirk.

Do I think Alex has better QB skills than Kirk?
Absolutely not!

Do I think Alex possesses the intangible's at QB needed for the Redskins to win Playoff games &/or Superbowls over Kirk!
Absolutely!

What kind of intangibles, am I talking about?
Leadership
Loyalty
Mobility
Intelligence
Presence
Experience
Urgency
Patience
Confidence
Fortitude

There are more, but I think I made my point.

What I have listed, is what will win us Championships if we get that far.

Im not saying Alex has all those traits that are better than any QB in League.

Im only saying Alex has all those in spades, compared to Kirk.

And that, is why I'm confident going into the season.

Did I mention Composure?
Yea, Kirk didn't have any.
That's why he choked more often than not. That's a biggie at the QB position.

43 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I don't think we made a lateral move at all. I think Alex will be an upgrade at QB for us over Kirk.

Do I think Alex has better QB skills than Kirk?
Absolutely not!

Do I think Alex possesses the intangible's at QB needed for the Redskins to win Playoff games &/or Superbowls over Kirk!
Absolutely!

What kind of intangibles, am I talking about?
Leadership
Loyalty
Mobility
Intelligence
Presence
Experience
Urgency
Patience
Confidence
Fortitude

There are more, but I think I made my point.

What I have listed, is what will win us Championships if we get that far.

Im not saying Alex has all those traits that are better than any QB in League.

Im only saying Alex has all those in spades, compared to Kirk.

And that, is why I'm confident going into the season.

Did I mention Composure?
Yea, Kirk didn't have any.
That's why he choked more often than not. That's a biggie at the QB position.

Ok, but the Chiefs, with arguably a better roster than the Redskins got no where in the playoffs with Alex Smith as their QB.  In fact, the Chiefs were willing to use two first round picks to replace Alex Smith.  

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok, but the Chiefs, with arguably a better roster than the Redskins got no where in the playoffs with Alex Smith as their QB.  In fact, the Chiefs were willing to use two first round picks to replace Alex Smith.  

Key word “arguably better,” I’d argue their roster wasn’t better after the Chiefs lost Berry on defense and Ford at ROLB. Also, if we’re being honest in our analysis of the Chiefs playoff loss to the Titans, they were on a roll before Kelce was knocked out of the game with a concussion. Losing Kelce equates to the Redskins losing both Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis in the same game. 

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Key word “arguably better,” I’d argue their roster wasn’t better after the Chiefs lost Berry on defense and Ford at ROLB. Also, if we’re being honest in our analysis of the Chiefs playoff loss to the Titans, they were on a roll before Kelce was knocked out of the game with a concussion. Losing Kelce equates to the Redskins losing both Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis in the same game. 

Tell ya, people remember what they want about games. Whatever angles to fit their agendas and preconceptions. 

Most don't remember that Tennessee ran for 148 yards in the second half. Not a misprint... 148 yards rushing.. in the one half. They had about 20 of the 30 final minutes. 

It was abundantly clear that Andy Reid was being typical playoff Andy. The first half and second half. It was THE perfect game to illustrate an Alex led offense when the starters are in and getting to business... and what happens when starters are missing, and an Andy-led team tries to coast through the rest. Defensive collapse, and butterfinger backup receiving options. 

6 hours ago, Woz said:

It's beginning to look like a thread to lock

Every time I log in ...

Truthfully, it hasn’t been that bad compared the old Cousins, RG3, McNabb, Grossman and Campbell threads. It’s been a pretty reasonable discussion.

Archived