Alex Smith had the highest completion % on play-action passes in 2017

turtle28

On second though @Woz maybe this thread should be locked because it’s going no where. We seem to be having the same stupid discussions we’ve been having since February and no one is willing to give in and accept that what the other poster is staying could in fact be true.

Its a lost cause.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re ignoring the reasons why those organizations moved on and that the 49ers got worse a few years after they traded Alex away and that the Chiefs immediately got better when they acquired Alex Smith.

Thats the evidence you should want to know if you want to see Alex Smith success and to see the Redskins succeed with Alex as QB. 

Now, if you’re more concerned with just being right all the time and don’t care whether Alex succeeds and actually hope that he doesn’t, I guess you’d take the positon you are taking.

My position remains the same because our front office is an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

On second though @Woz maybe this thread should be locked because it’s going no where. We seem to be having the same stupid discussions we’ve been having since February and no one is willing to give in and accept that what the other poster is staying could in fact be true.

Its a lost cause.

You’re right, we will all see as the season gets underway. We all hope the anomaly in Smith’s career ( last year) can be maintained. My purpose in posting info from fans and writers who had watched Smith much more than we have was to tamp down some of the crazy unrealistic expectations for Smith being an elite QB who will by himself take the team on his back to the playoffs. Wouldn’t it be great? But it’s not a reasonable expectation 

Archived