Alex Smith had the highest completion % on play-action passes in 2017

turtle28

2 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

He was in 2015. 

Plus, our back-up TE is far far better than the Chief's back-up TE.  His drops were a huge reason the Chiefs lost in the playoffs last year when Kelce went down in the 1st quarter.

We have the talent, which is what we are arguing.  Guice was a better prospect than Hunt coming out of college, without a doubt.  We won't know until September whether he is the better pro.

Passer rating: 126.2 (fourth).
Catch rate: 38.9 percent (12th).
Percentage of yards: 39.1 percent (10th).
Deep touchdowns: 3 (12th).

Score: 38.

After the likes of Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins are scooped up on the free-agent market, teams in need of an X-receiver will turn their attention to yet another 2014 draft pick. Richardson emerged as the second-best wideout on the Seahawks behind Doug Baldwin last year, serving as Seattle's primary downfield threat. Russell Wilson had a 126.2 passer rating when targeting Richardson on passes that traveled 20-plus yards in the air. The lanky wideout hauled in seven deep balls for 275 yards and three scores. Teams will have questions about Richardson's injury history, including a twice-torn ACL that kept him from cracking the passing rotation until Tyler Lockett was hurt late in 2016. However, he's a soon-to-be 26-year-old deep threat who is more than comfortable fighting for the ball with defensive backs right in his hip pocket. Those traits make him an ideal target for offenses in need of help out wide.

1. Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs

Adjusted Completion Percentage: 56.5 percent

Yards: 1,344 (1st)

Kansas City Chiefs QB Alex Smith

One of the surprises of the season, Smith became the league’s most efficient deep thrower, finishing first in adjusted completion percentage and yards while tying for first with 12 touchdowns. After generally ranking near the bottom in deep passing attempts in year’s past, a more aggressive approach had Smith ranked 11th with 12.3 percent of his attempts going deep this season. All told, it helped to pay off as he posted career-high PFF grade.

I wish I could like this 100 times but I’ve already used up my likes for the day and mostly on your posts HTTRG3Dynasty. Good stuff man.

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

That's a pretty good summation.  Its a little more than that though, I think Bruce Allen just isn't a good person.  He seems to disrespect a lot of the people he works with, and that survey by (ESPN?) showed that he is the least trusted GM in the NFL.  That tells me he's just a full blown P.O.S.  I don't want someone like that in charge of the team I root for.

Which is totally understandable, none of us want Allen to be the President of the Redskins or even hold a position for the team. We also all thought he should’ve been gone after 2014, or at least McCloughan should’ve been kept over Allen in Allen’s battle to get more control of the football part of the front office back from McCloughan in 2017.

That being said, you did clearly say you’d not want to win a super bowl if Allen was still here. I get the reasons why, but even when asked 2 or 3 times about it, you still said you’d not want to win a super bowl with him being in our front office.

So basically, your position is you don’t want to see the Redskins win a super bowl this season.

53 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Which is totally understandable, none of us want Allen to be the President of the Redskins or even hold a position for the team. We also all though he should’ve been gone after 2014, or at least McCloughan should’ve been kept over Allen in Allen’s battle to get more control of the football part of the front office back from McCloughan.

That being said, you did clearly say you’d not want to win a super bowl if Allen was still here. I get the reasons why, but even when asked 2 or 3 times about it, you still said you’d not want to win a super bowl with him being in our front office.

So basically, your position is you don’t want to see the Redskins win a super bowl this season.

I don’t remember saying that.  I remember saying it would be worth it to be bad for 5 years just to get rid of Allen.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t remember saying that.  I remember saying it would be worth it to be bad for 5 years just to get rid of Allen.

Bottom of page 87 of this thread I posted the statement that I get the feeling sometimes that you and Lavar would rather see the Redskins lose & fail than to see Bruce Allen, Jay Gruden and Alex Smith win a super bowl.

Your answer was you’d rather see the Redskins go 0-16 for 5 years to get rid of Bruce Allen on page 88.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Bottom of page 87 of this thread I posted the statement that I get the feeling sometimes that you and Lavar would rather see the Redskins lose & fail than to see Bruce Allen, Jay Gruden and Alex Smith win a super bowl.

Your answer was you’d rather see the Redskins go 0-16 for 5 years to get rid of Bruce Allen on page 88.

Sounds reasonable. Bruce sucks. 

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What’s completely sad is that it’s easier to talk about the Redskins QB situation on Twitter than it is in this forum. I never thought I’d say that but, sadly it’s true. Most in this forum want to predict failure for Alex and this team - I guess to protect themselves from being let down again - than to actually see what Alex has done well and to think that he and the team could have a good season this year.

Alex has a history of being in a new system every year. I have no faith in coaching or management more than him. But the coach is bad, and wont be putting him in position as much to win as he was in KC. 5 years with an overall losing record hopefully means Gruden is gone. Which means Alex will have yet another system to adapt too.

If we had any resemblance of quality coaching like he found in KC. Id be upbeat and think we can contend with our talent level. But I think like with LSU, talent is what will win games this year despite the coaching. Cause looking at the schedule, 90% of the games the opposing team has better coaching.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Alex has a history of being in a new system every year. I have no faith in coaching or management more than him. But the coach is bad, and wont be putting him in position as much to win as he was in KC. 5 years with an overall losing record hopefully means Gruden is gone. Which means Alex will have yet another system to adapt too.

If we had any resemblance of quality coaching like he found in KC. Id be upbeat and think we can contend with our talent level. But I think like with LSU, talent is what will win games this year despite the coaching. Cause looking at the schedule, 90% of the games the opposing team has better coaching.

Alex hasn’t been in a new system every year, only early in his career when the 49ers sucked under Nolan. In the last decade, Alex has played in 2 offenses, Harbaugh’s and Reid’s.

You’re totally glossing over that Gruden developed Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins into the QBs they are and he taught Sean McVay a lot about offensive concepts while McVay was his OC for 3 years.

Yes, Gruden isn’t as good as Andy Reid but it’s disingenuous to suggest that he can’t put his qbs in position to be extremely successful. Gruden schemes receivers open in his passing game constantly. He’s a brilliant offensive mind and his system is QB friendly.

I’d also say that we had a successful draft so, I’m more upbeat about the direction of this team than I was in previous years. Not taking a huge step back at Qb - if it’s a step back at all at Qb - after losing Kirk and drafting another great prospect at DL, a great prospect at RB and the depth we got after that is promising. Getting a WR with Richardson’s ability to stretch the field is promising. 

I’m not sold we are going to the playoffs or anything but our team is young - outside of Alex, Brown, Foster, Trent, Kerrigan, Norman and Lauvao/Nsekhe - and heading in the right direction as far as I can tell. I certainly don’t think we’ve taken a step backwards from our 2015-2017 teams. I think the 2018 Redskins roster is equal to those rosters, perhaps better and has more promise to develop into a better team in coming years because of all the young talent we have.

I don’t remember the Redskins having such a young roster with this much upside ever.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You’d have to be a complete idiot to think Dak is even remotely in the same stratosphere as Alex Smith. You saw what Dak was last year when they couldn’t run the ball. He’ll be replaced in two seasons at most. Dudes not good at all. 

I haven't been this excited for a Redskin season, in a long time.

Finally, have a QB that doesn't give games away or let big moments get the better of him.

A RB that not only could be our franchise RB, well after Alex is gone. But one to be feared vs opposing defenses.

And a Defense that's going to lay the lumber & surprise a lot of people. (except us) If... they can stay healthy.

Alex will do this year, what Cousins was unable to do for us while having 1 sneaker out the door.

Win 10 games or more.

I'm on the Smith bandwagon, for sure!

Alex is a winner!

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You’d have to be a complete idiot to think Dak is even remotely in the same stratosphere as Alex Smith. You saw what Dak was last year when they couldn’t run the ball. He’ll be replaced in two seasons at most. Dudes not good at all. 

I think Dak is an avg passing QB but he brings more to the table than just passing such as his mobility and efficiency in the red zone. I definitely think he’s not a qb who can carry a team on just his arm.

He’s likely to never throw over 4,000 yards but he is efficient in the red zone. He had 22 Td passes last year w/o Zeke most of the year.

He’s also an athletic, big and strong qb who doesn’t turn the ball over much.

I think he tops out as a qb who throws near 4,000 yards but not much over - if he ever hit it - and 25 passing Tds. His 300 to 500 yards rushing a year and 5 or 6 rushing TDs need to be factored into his production as a QB too, just like with other mobile/zone read type qbs.

So, when you factor that in, Dak was responsible for near 4,000 yards and near 30 total TDs in each of his first two seasons.

That being said, Alex Smith is clearly a better pocket passer, also efficient in the red zone, is mobile too and doesn’t turn the ball over much. Smith is also capable of throwing for over 4,000 yards and carrying a team off his arm more than Dak is.

Archived