Alex Smith had the highest completion % on play-action passes in 2017

turtle28

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

.. so why not just keep doing what you did to amass that lead ????

So, I don't want to continue to be Negative Nancy, but if you're looking for something different with Washington ...

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If they were up early and couldn’t defend a lead, I’d put that more on the defense especially if the offense didn’t have a lot of turnovers.

The Chiefs defense was about equal to ours last year. 

Chiefs defense was actually much worse. 

Redskins: 11th ranked by DVOA

Chiefs: 30th ranked by DVOA

3 hours ago, Woz said:

So, I don't want to continue to be Negative Nancy, but if you're looking for something different with Washington ...

I am. Have to. As a new or old fan, if I'm going to bother tuning in, it's going to be with some hope that sense will prevail.

If I didn't have that, I'd easily go do something different with my time, and 3 x on Sunday.

12 hours ago, Woz said:

Just figured I would help you understand what you might getting yourself into.

Yeah cool, thanks. Life is full of little disappointments, and in the end, it's just sports entertainment. 

If I got terribly shattered for weeks/months/etc. over a sports team not winning it all, I'd recognize the unhealthiness in that, and walk away. 

Love to hear it.

Would probably be sweeter to hear this of a player or players that are signed long term.. but maybe this type of developing bond pushes the F/O to lock Crowder up now? 

The specific wording of praise from Smith here is also VERY interesting to me.

As I read it again, I struggle to think of ANY of his former WRs that would have fit well into the above description. Sure, guys like Hill and Wilson had some great speed last season, but they were not very refined or crafty if plays had broken down. Both were getting better with time, but if to just look at any years prior to 2017,  this gets so much worse of the prior WRs. 

I'm leaving the door cautiously open for not just a good season.. but a great season.  The only legit concerns beyond the injury bug... are at LG and in assessing the strength of CB2/3... and neither seem too worrisome for me. 

54 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Man I still want to sign DRC. 

AND the top rated Q B in the league doesn't crack the top 100 ! Really ?? What a joke. Capt Kirk was 94. 

I think they’d only sign DRC if their young guys don’t look good opposite Norman or Scandrick doesn’t look good in the slot and I hope that’s not the case.

9 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

An interesting read, and I applaud their efforts to at least try and refine the parameters more appropriately for the QB grades.

It's just hard to imagine and trust that there are large crews sitting in film rooms.. scanning and marking each QB throw.. and then being competent in categorizing that throw to these exact specifications. Not saying they are not trying or doing it.. just that it's hard to purely trust it. I can see every team's QB coach being responsible for doing this, and he should be doing this if he's not. 

So, maybe they really are putting in the work, who knows. 

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

An interesting read, and I applaud their efforts to at least try and refine the parameters more appropriately for the QB grades.

It's just hard to imagine and trust that there are large crews sitting in film rooms.. scanning and marking each QB throw.. and then being competent in categorizing that throw to these exact specifications. Not saying they are not trying or doing it.. just that it's hard to purely trust it. I can see every team's QB coach being responsible for doing this, and he should be doing this if he's not. 

So, maybe they really are putting in the work, who knows. 

I think they have a guy dedicated to each team or a guy for each category, something like that. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think they have a guy dedicated to each team or a guy for each category, something like that. 

A fine concept. Just don't know whether the guy is qualified or thorough. 

For all we know, any team's guy could be a slackarse.. even if on a few occasions.. thereby skewing the results!

200w.webp

Archived