CLE picked for Hard Knocks 2018

Broncofan

31 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Also All or Nothing is the better "behind the scenes" show but that airs after the season (and we have no idea who's getting it this year).

Dallas Cowboys? You mean season 4? 

This is one of the first Hard Knocks in ages, maybe ever, that I am actually excited for. I always watch because it's so well done by the NFL and HBO, but usually it's middle of the pack teams that nobody really cares about. The Browns are bad, sure, but they are arguably one of the 5 most talked about teams year in and year out.

On 5/18/2018 at 2:05 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This is one of the first Hard Knocks in ages, maybe ever, that I am actually excited for. I always watch because it's so well done by the NFL and HBO, but usually it's middle of the pack teams that nobody really cares about. The Browns are bad, sure, but they are arguably one of the 5 most talked about teams year in and year out.

does ridicule and jests count as talking about a team?

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If they became a modern day Bonnie and Clyde it would probably be better for ratings.

Manziel & Gordon sure did. I hope for CLE fans that Gordon has finally gotten over his substance abuse issues and that Mayfield - while cocky - doesn’t turn out to have off the field issues like Manziel.

I have family and friends in Ohio, a lot are CLE fans and I’d like to see that franchise turn around and be relevant again. My grandfather and a friend I used to work with were the biggest Browns fans. Sadly, they both passed away and never saw the Browns get to a super bowl, let alone win one.

On 5/18/2018 at 5:05 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I thought Tampa Bay was pretty good last year with Jameis and all the personalities on that team but I agree this years should be a good one.

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

My grandfather and a friend I used to work with were the biggest Browns fans. Sadly, they both passed away and never saw the Browns get to a super bowl, let alone win one.

At least they got to see several championships, including a few in the NFL. Better than what the under 50 crowd can claim.

33 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

At least they got to see several championships, including a few in the NFL. Better than what the under 50 crowd can claim.

That’s true, still rough though. My grandfather would’ve been 35 when the Browns won their last NFL championship in 1964. A my friend would’ve been 18.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

as an eagles fan i can assure you those dont actually count ask any nfc east fan. 

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

as an eagles fan i can assure you those dont actually count ask any nfc east fan. 

As a Redskins fan yes, I’d tell you that. ;) 

But, congrats on winning your first super bowl last year. No offense, but I hope you don’t repeat! ? xD

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

As a Redskins fan yes, I’d tell you that. ;) 

But, congrats on winning your first super bowl last year. No offense, but I hope you don’t repeat! ? xD

you need to just accept this doug dynasty is happening turtle.

On 5/17/2018 at 4:55 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I never watched Hard Knocks. Is it any good?

It actually is. I would recommend it to anyone. I, too, scoffed at the idea when it first started and it took me a few years to take it serious enough to get into watching it, but when I did(thanks to Rex Ryan), I wasn't disappointed and was pleasantly surprised at how well it was done and how much they really showed(which was my main concern to begin with because I was afraid that not many coaches were going to be willing to show too much on TV out of fear of other teams using it to their advantage and understandably so). 

You get a decent inside look into the staff and players and their personalities. The day-to-day operations. And all of this is mixed with both real comedy and drama all into one. You get to see how much pressure there really is on players come cut time on whether or not they make the 53 man roster or, like last year, you get see Jeff Fisher talk about not being a 7-9 or 8-8 team all because Tavon walked out of practice (what was golden). 

Archived