Preseason Week 1 Review: The Disappointments

pwny

Who did you come away from this first preseason game thinking they just didn’t live up to the hype? Who hurt their chances at the final roster? Who made too many mistakes? Who looked invisible when they had a chance to shine?

Myles jack showed flashes but missed a few tackles and bad angles...going to be a lot of ups and downs in the early going.

Fowler (even though PFF gave him a great pass rush grade) was mostly invisible pass rush wise. Had a couple ok rushes.

Josh Wells at RT wasnt good. Cam was good at LT as far as pass pro goes, ok at times during run pro but also got beat bad a few times I saw.

CB depth wasnt as good as I hoped. Top 3 were out but I thought Johnson, Patmon, etc. steuggled a bit. Maybe bring in more competition?

9 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

A lot of it was second and third team guys, iirc. LB depth doesn't look great and the DB depth guys seem to struggle wrapping up.

Seems to always be the case with this team though. Poor fundamentals have haunted us for quite some time. I’d also hope a lot of it was second a third team guys. The first team didn’t play too much. 

On 8/11/2017 at 1:15 PM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Really? I definitely think the current logo is a huge upgrade.

I still really just don't much care for it.  Much prefer the old one.  It was a lot less cheesy.  Both in the sense that it looked a lot less like the Cheetos cat, and also in the sense that i hate logos with too much detail or attempted cartoon-like fidelity to real things.  It just looks cheap to me.

The new logo does fit in with the shield thing better tho.  I'll give it that.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

Seems to always be the case with this team though. Poor fundamentals have haunted us for quite some time. I’d also hope a lot of it was second a third team guys. The first team didn’t play too much. 

Problem is, another thing that's haunted this team for quite some time has been injuries.  Which means 2nd and 3rd team guys will be playing actual games.  So if they suck, that'd bad.

Archived