dll2000

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

JoHo under 1000 yds

Over 7.5 wins

Allen Under

More INT for MT10

Kevin Goddamn White

Floyd Over

Kevin White’s going to be 2nd on the team in receiving, Howard’s going to run for under 1k yards, Trubisky’s going to throw more picks than the Bears D will have and Robinson’s not going to have 875 yards yet they’ll somehow win 8+ games? :o

22 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Kevin White’s going to be 2nd on the team in receiving, Howard’s going to run for under 1k yards, Trubisky’s going to throw more picks than the Bears D will have and Robinson’s not going to have 875 yards yet they’ll somehow win 8+ games? :o

Maybe Floyd has twenty sacks? :)

(I think he's looking for Miller or Gabriel to lead the team, and White to explode. Not sure, though...) 

46 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe Floyd has twenty sacks? :)

(I think he's looking for Miller or Gabriel to lead the team, and White to explode. Not sure, though...) 

I was most curious why he thought Howard would be < 1000 yards. Is this an expectation he will be getting hurt? Expecting big reps on running downs for Cohen or Cunningham?

Kareem Hunt had 272 of KC’s carries last year and the next highest RB had just 18. At his career ypc 272 carries would put Howard over 1250 yards on the ground. Even if Nagy views him as a complete non-asset in the passing game we have a ton of other good receiving options when Howard is on the field, and he is head and shoulders our best runner in an offense that looks to create mismatches. Make no mistake about it - Howard running against 6 or 7 man fronts is a mismatch heavily in our favor. 

If Floyd doesnt end up hitting over on sacks this season I would call him a bad pick for his slot.  

Unless he gets some Ints, forced fumbles or other such multiple impactful plays; pressures, pass break ups, etc.  

That being said he has been banged up and he came in raw as a pass rusher.  Hopefully, this is his year to shine coming off edge.  

His strentgh has been stunts, just like in college.  Like to see him do it more on his own now.  That being said, if he is good at stunts and is getting home, stunt him more.   No sense not playing to his strengths.  

Put R Smith in a blitz in there too at same time. That guy gets to QB  a lot when he blitzes   

Walk them up when they  aren't blitzing to screw up line count or mislabel the Mike.  We have team speed and intelligence to start in one place and retreat to a different assignment now   Make it hard on the QBs/lines.  Dont give them their pre snap reads.   Like to see D go next level and be more cat than mouse.  Turnovers come more off offensive mistakes than someone making an amazing play on ball.  Mistakes most often come from blown line assignments (which can be as small as one false step) or QB misreads.

Oline is a weak point for a lot of otherwise good teams.  Exploit it.  People have been doing that to Bears for several years now when injuries have struck.  

5 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Guys, I'd like to explain my thought process a little here, so you can follow my reasoning.  

We probably shouldn't have opened that last bottle of wine at dinner. 

Oh, c'mon now. We ain't gonna hold that against ya! :D

Howard over under 1100 yards rushing? -  Over

Over under 7.5 wins? -  Under. - hopefully I'm wrong, but it's a tough division & I believe we'll need to get some experience in games before everything really starts clicking in the offense. Wins will be great, but I think the progress with Mitch is the real goal for the season. I believe 2019 is realistically the goal to be a playoff team if everything comes together the way we envision it to.

Allen over under 875 yards receiving? - Over - 55 ypg adds up to 880. I would think that should be easily attainable

More INTs MT or Bears D? - MT - if this actually winds up being the D, then we should get more wins than I anticipate. That would be incredible. It's hard for me to see that though. Our DB's aren't exactly ballhawks, so I'm not expecting a lot of INTs. Plus, I really don't expect Nagy to limit MT this year. I think it's fine for him to go through growing pains & make mistakes out there. This whole year should be dedicated to him getting experience & learning the offense & getting more comfortable... he's got all the skills, so whenever the mental understanding catches up with the physical tools, we're gonna have a great QB. I love that clip of Nagy last year in week 1 when Hunt lost the fumble, & Nagy instantly came over to him on the sideline & encouraged him & told him "it's not how you start, it's how you finish". That's a perfect attitude for Mitch & it'll enable him to keep moving forward & focusing on the end goal. Nagy & MT just seem like a match made in heaven.

Who will be 2nd leading receiver? - A. Miller - (I'm hoping)

Floyd over under 8 sacks? - Under, but I have no idea. I don't envision us getting great pressure on the QB this year..

Archived