Jamaal Williams/Aaron Jones

Deekster37

Just now, Jaegybomb said:

Why would you go with when Woodson changed teams instead of changing positions as a comparison? Either way it's not really the same obviously.

Because that was Woodson's first full year at safety.  It is the same.  Montgomery was a rookie who took snaps at RB in his rookie year.  A rookie is a rookie.  Aaron Rodgers wasn't a rookie the first year he started.  Ty Montgomery wasn't a rookie the first year he started at RB. 

7 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

He had like 2 end arounds / bubble screens his first year that technically counted as runs. Not really "taking snaps at RB". I get your point but it was still damn close to his rookie year as a RB.

"Up the middle", "left end" against the Niners.  "Left tackle," against the Chargers.  All of that is moot considering he had a full training camp, and then a second full training camp and two preseasons of NFL experience.  He wasn't a rookie.  By your logic, Ryan Grant had 956 yards, 5.1 yards per carry and 8 touchdowns in his rookie year because he didn't get a single snap in his real rookie year. 

I forgot people can't discuss the semantics behind what is and isn't a rookie season in the NFL.  Leader, please forgive me.  Could you please provide that list of accepted topics I can and cannot discuss again?  I'd like to bookmark it for future reference. 

37 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I forgot people can't discuss the semantics behind what is and isn't a rookie season in the NFL.  Leader, please forgive me.  Could you please provide that list of accepted topics I can and cannot discuss again?  I'd like to bookmark it for future reference. 

You can discuss whatever you want. I'm not a Moderator. I'm also free to point out when you've driven the same point into the ground and that "we get it". Live with it.

Just now, Leader said:

You can discuss whatever you want. I'm not a Moderator. I'm also free to point out when you've driven the same point into the ground and that "we get it". Live with it.

And I'm free to tell you how obnoxious it is.  How has your plan worked so far?  Instead of me carrying on a conversation with someone carrying on a conversation about football, we've now had five posts discussing what is being discussed instead of talking about football.  I wasn't condescending, I wasn't being rude, I was discussing the merits of calling Montgomery's second year his rookie year. 

That is football.

Your holier than thou sanctimonious complaining about the discussion was literally a complaint about discussing football on a football site.  IN MAY.  You don't like me.  We all get that.  I've asked you repeatedly to discuss football with me, put me on your ignore list or leave me alone.  You can't quit trying to control what I say and how I say it.  It's obnoxious, and I'm sick if it.  There was literally nothing malicious or non-football talk and you tried to dictate what I could and could not discuss. 

You could have tried to get the conversation back to football by offering your own input on Williams/Jones.  You could have ignored it and left it alone.  You didn't.  You complained about a discussion on football.  You act like I'm some insufferable ahole, and yet I was talking about football semantics without being remotely disrespectful, rude, condescending or anything unbecoming of a user of this site and you complained about it. 

Maybe I am way out of line here or not, but it seems that some of us tend to be or come across as being overly aggressive when we post.  It also seems that a few of us don't play well together.  Lets all relax and just play nice.  Now, for the subject at hand.  Williams and or Jones, my gut is telling me that neither are going to be the answer.  Why?  Again, IMO, it seems that whenever we think a position is set for the up coming year, the opposite happens.  I hope I am wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

I think we should pump the brakes a bit on the Bennett/Levens comparison because we've yet to see Williams and Jones go through an entire season healthy and both Levens and Bennett were bigger backs as well. 

I do like the combo however and I feel it makes Monty more of a utility player than anything else.

5 hours ago, Joe said:

I think we should pump the brakes a bit on the Bennett/Levens comparison because we've yet to see Williams and Jones go through an entire season healthy and both Levens and Bennett were bigger backs as well. 

I do like the combo however and I feel it makes Monty more of a utility player than anything else.

Yeah I was thinking that I should've rephrased that..... what I was trying to say or get across is at some point or I think that they have the talent to match one day! I don't think size matters I'm just goin off of talent and numbers 

Archived