pass rush

Pandomonium

57 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sherman's already running

He's running yeah...but stopping and starting, cutting, pivoting and transferring body weight from one direction to another is totally different. And these are physical demands a CB has do repetitively, at a high level. He's a ways away from being 'ready' per say. It takes the majority professional athletes, almost 2 years to recover fully from a Achilles tear. I don't expect Sherman to be the anomaly. I think he'll be well enough to perform at a above average level but I'm not expecting the Seattle version of Sherman this year and I think anyone who is, is in for a letdown. 

9 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

He's running yeah...but stopping and starting, cutting, pivoting and transferring body weight from one direction to another is totally different. And these are physical demands a CB has do repetitively, at a high level. He's a ways away from being 'ready' per say. It takes the majority professional athletes, almost 2 years to recover fully from a Achilles tear. I don't expect Sherman to be the anomaly. I think he'll be well enough to perform at a above average level but I'm not expecting the Seattle version of Sherman this year and I think anyone who is, is in for a letdown. 

I love this post, but don't tell ANY of this to Sherman, he's DETERMINED to be whose he's been. Running in a straight line is better than I anticipated at this point, so he's clearly ahead of where he could be. 

A big chunk of his salary is based on whether or not he is active on gamedays. So either way, the 49ers will be protected. I love football players with a desperation to succeed, it's a survival instinct that cannot and will not be compromised. It's why so many guys from tough backgrounds defy the odds...

Archived