MKnight82's Top 20 Most Talented Redskins of 2018 - Full List Up

MKnight82

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

In 15 games. You forgot to mention he had 4,042 yards and 26 TDs in just 15 games because Andy Reid chose to rest him for the playoffs because he had such a good season that the Chiefs had home field advantage wrapped up a few weeks before the end of the season.

Here comes the alley oop....

And then they traded him for a 2nd year unproven QB. 

12 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I can’t even respond to this post because I disagree with every single part of it.

I know, I apologize. I just realized I’m blowing up your list and you’re thread which you really are working hard on and doing a good job at.

eventhough we may disagree on a few things on this list, I appreciate you putting the work in.

I would say, if you’re going to put this much work into it, you might want to email Fanside or HogsHeaven about writing for them so you actually get notoriety for your good work.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Here comes the alley oop....

And then they traded him for a 2nd year unproven QB. 

Huh? That’s not what happened. The Chiefs drafted a young QB last year who they see as their long term future and they like his potential.

The FO decided to go young and rebuild. So, while doing so they unloaded Smith’s $19 million salary to a qb needy team - bc Kirk wasn’t coming back - which opened up cap space to spend on FAs/trades like for Quinn and Sammy Watkins.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Huh? That’s not what happened. The Chiefs drafted a young QB last year who they see as their long term future and they like his potential.

The FO decided to go young and rebuild. So, while doing so they unloaded Smith’s $19 million salary to a qb needy team - bc Kirk wasn’t coming back - which opened up cap space to spend on FAs/trades like for Quinn and Sammy Watkins.

lol okay you just explained that's exactly what happened. they traded him to move on to a guy in his 2nd year with 1 game under his belt after playing in the playoffs.

#10 - WR Jamison Crowder

619227614.0.jpg

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrowJa00.htm

Games Receiving Rushing        
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       47 21 280 192 2240 11.7 12 55 4.1 47.7   11 34 0 11 3.1 0.7 0.2 2274 12 12 19
2015 22 WAS fb/wr 80 16 6 78 59 604 10.2 2 44 3.7 37.8 75.6% 2 2 0 2 1.0 0.1 0.1 606 2 4 5
2016 23 WAS WR 80 16 9 99 67 847 12.6 7 55 4.2 52.9 67.7% 2 -2 0 7 -1.0 -0.1 0.1 845 7 2 8
2017 24 WAS wr 80 15 6 103 66 789 12.0 3 41 4.4 52.6 64.1% 7 34 0 11 4.9 2.3 0.5 823 3 6 6

Previous Year's Ranking - 8

Crowder drops a few spots after a spotty 3rd year campaign.  He was still pretty solid in the passing game, really where he struggled the most was on punt returns.  His TDs took a dip too, but if you play Fantasy Football you know how random TDs can be.  Did you know that Crowder is already in the Top 20 in Redskins history for receptions (he's 19th)?  In just 3 years!  If he catches 60 more passes this year he'll jump to 13th on the list.  He's also already 22nd in Redskins history in receiving yards.  He has been a HIGHLY productive member of the passing game.   

Still a solid slot WR.  I personally believe his fumbles as a punt returner cost us at least two games last season though.  That can't happen again.  After his first one this season, he needs to be replaced for the rest of the year.

#9 - DE Jonathan Allen

redskins-place-jonathan-allen-on-injured

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo01.htm

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles Sacks & Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Tkl Ast Sfty AV
Career       5 5                     1.0 3 7   2
2017 22 WAS de 95 5 5                     1.0 3 7   2

Previous Year's Ranking - 10

Allen's spot on the list is a projection, as I'm hoping he has a big year.  When he was on the field last year he was without question the 2nd most impactful front 7 member we had.  The addition of Payne and Ioannidis' emergence should open things up for him too.  The whole defense was better when he was on the field last year. 

I was curious so I pulled up Allen and Payne's draft profiles to compare:

Allen

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jonathan-allen?id=2557844

Payne

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/da'ron-payne?id=32462018-0002-5600-68ba-6b48873dba9b

So Payne actually ran a slightly faster 40 time, 4.95 to 5.00, Payne did more bench reps, 27 to 21, but Allen performed better in the vert and broad jumps.  So that would lend you to think Allen is a little more explosive but Payne is just as agile and stronger.  Here's the thing though, Payne weighed in 30 lbs heavier than Allen!  Maybe Payne is going to be a STUD.  

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

lol okay you just explained that's exactly what happened. they traded him to move on to a guy in his 2nd year with 1 game under his belt after playing in the playoffs.

Well you’re original post didn’t read that way. The way it read was that they traded Alex for a 2nd year player and they didn’t trade him for a player from another team. I do see what you were trying to say now.

58 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Still a solid slot WR.  I personally believe his fumbles as a punt returner cost us at least two games last season though.  That can't happen again.  After his first one this season, he needs to be replaced for the rest of the year.

I really hope Greg Stroman makes the team as our 5th/6th corner, Martez Carter as our 4th RB or Trey Quinn as our 4th, 5th or 6th WR so one of them can be our punt returner.

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Crowder was the biggest disappointment on the team for me last year. Inconsistent hands and bad fumbles.  I still think his ceiling is high, but after last year I'm quite a bit less optimistic.

He could have a bounce back year, especially if they give the punt return duties to someone else.

3 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Crowder was the biggest disappointment on the team for me last year. Inconsistent hands and bad fumbles.  I still think his ceiling is high, but after last year I'm quite a bit less optimistic.

Can't disagree, but let this sink in.  He's the most consistent and healthy playmaker on our entire offense.  What does that say about the rest of our skill position players?

Archived