2011 23 WAS LOLB 53 16 16 1 9 1 9 4 4 0 0 0 0 7.5 41 22   7
2012* 24 WAS lb/LOLB 91 16 16 1 28 1 28 8 2 0 1 0 0 8.5 42 12   9
2013 25 WAS LOLB 91 16 16 0 0 0 0 3 4 0 0 0 0 8.5 47 19   7
2014 26 WAS LOLB 91 16 16 0 0 0 0 1 5 0 1 0 0 13.5 51 13   8
2015 27 WAS LB 91 16 16 0 0 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 9.5 33 9   8
2016* 28 WAS LB 91 16 16 0 0 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 11.0 26 7   10
2017* 29 WAS LB/mlb 91 16 16 1 24 1 24 1 3 0 0 0 0 13.0 34 12   11

Previous Year's Ranking - 2

Ryan Kerrigan is tracking to be one of the best defenders in Redskins history.  He's on his way to statistically own the individual records in two stat categories:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/career-defense.htm 

He's currently 3rd in Redskins history with 71.5 career sacks, behind only Charles Mann (82.0) and Dexter Manley (91.0).  He could very easily become the Redskins all time leader in sacks with just two healthy productive seasons.  

Forced Fumbles, Kerrigan has 22.  That already makes him the Redskins all time leader in that category, 2nd all time was Charles Mann with 22.  

I'm expecting a big year from Kerrigan with the addition of Payne.  Kerrigan looked dominant when Allen was out there last year, adding Payne is just going to free him up that much more.  

#1 - LT Trent Williams

trent.jpg

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillTr21.htm

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Tkl Ast Sfty AV
Career       107 106
2010 22 WAS LT 71 14 13                       1 0   6
2011 23 WAS LT 71 10 10                       2 0   5
2012* 24 WAS LT 71 16 16                             13
2013* 25 WAS LT 71 16 16                       4 1   9
2014* 26 WAS LT 71 15 15                       1 0   9
2015* 27 WAS LT 71 14 14                             13
2016* 28 WAS LT 71 12 12                             10
2017* 29 WAS LT 71 10 10           0 0 1 0 0         6

Previous Year's Ranking - 1

Trent, like Kerrigan, is tracking to be an all time great Redskin.  When comparing him to the two other greatest LTs in Redskins history (IMO), here's how he stacks up:

Joe Jacoby

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JacoJo00.htm

170 games played, 148 starts, 4 Pro Bowls, 2 First Team All Pro selections.

Chris Samuels

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SamuCh00.htm

141 games played, 141 starts, 6 Pro Bowls

So Trent has already tied Chris Samuels in Pro Bowls, and surpassed Jacoby there.  Obviously Jacoby has the two first team All Pros which are more prestigious, so I'd still give old Joe the leg up on Trent, but it isn't out of the question that Trent will earn a first team all pro sometime down the line.  Also the biggest knock on Trent is that he's always getting banged up, but I researched it and these are the amount of games missed over the first 8 years of each careers:

T Will - 22

J Jacoby - 22

C Samuels - 4

So Samuels was just a rock that never missed anything.  But as great as Jacoby was, he was seemingly just as banged up as Trent.  

Here's hoping that Trent makes it 16 healthy games this year and lands his first All Pro selection.  

No rookies and assuming health:

1. LT Trent Williams

2. TE Jordan Reed

3. QB Alex Smith

4. OG Brandon Scherff

5. OLB Preston Smith

6. S Montae Nicholson

7. WR Josh Docston

8. DE Jonathan Allen 

9. CB Josh Norman

10. OLB Ryan Kerrigan

11. RT Morgan Moses

12. S DJ Swearinger

13. HB Chris Thompson

14. MLB Zach Brown

15. WR Jamison Crowder

16. WR Paul Richardson

17. DE Matt Ioannidis

18. C Chase Roullier

19. DE Stacy McGee

20. TE Vernon Davis 

1 hour ago, footy_29 said:

No rookies and assuming health:

1. LT Trent Williams

2. TE Jordan Reed

3. QB Alex Smith

4. OG Brandon Scherff

5. OLB Preston Smith

6. S Montae Nicholson

7. WR Josh Docston

8. DE Jonathan Allen 

9. CB Josh Norman

10. OLB Ryan Kerrigan

11. RT Morgan Moses

12. S DJ Swearinger

13. HB Chris Thompson

14. MLB Zach Brown

15. WR Jamison Crowder

16. WR Paul Richardson

17. DE Matt Ioannidis

18. C Chase Roullier

19. DE Stacy McGee

20. TE Vernon Davis 

If Alex Smith is in our top 3 we’re in more trouble than I thought.  Also Kerrigan at 10 is ridiculous.  Kerrigan behind Preston Smith is uttterly ridiculous he’s outperformed him every season of his career.  Stacey McGee???????  Dude might not make the 53.

well done! I am struck by the top ten on this list:

2018 List

1. LT Trent Williams

2. OLB Ryan Kerrigan

3. CB Josh Norman

4. OG Brandon Scherff

5.  MLB Zach Brown

6.  RT Morgan Moses

7.  TE Jordan Reed

8. S DJ Swearinger

9. DE Jonathan Allen

10. WR Jamison Crowder

3OL, 2LB, 2DB, 1TE, 1WR,1DL 

when you think about constructing a team to win a super bowl, you have to first have a plan for who the team will be (have a plan) and then build the team by putting the pieces in place (execute the plan). The key is to build your team to the plan and ensure your financial resources and staff ate in alignment with the plan (basic business 101 stuff) 

We have three OL in our top ten-  then we didn't have a NFL starting caliber RB (thankfully that may have changed this off-season) and we have a coach who loves arena ball and doesn't want to run the ball.  So we aren't a running team. 

Our only receiver is 5-8 and can only play the slot. We got rid of our top 10 QB and brought in any aging journeyman whose best years are behind him. 

We have a very skilled passing catching TE who misses many games with injuries so he cant be relied upon when the going gets tough. 

Well maybe are plan is to win with Defense? Uh, that hasn't worked either. 

I actually think the past two offseasons have been pretty good, but I'm not sure if we have a plan and in alignment with that plan. 

Lets look at the Vikings- Or the Eagles, or the Pats, or the Packers or the Steelers- Its easy to see their plan- and then they are consistently building to execute the plan. The Redskins seem more "schizophrenic- symptoms can include delusions, hallucinations, trouble with thinking and concentration, and lack of motivation"https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/schizophrenia/what-is-schizophrenia

And that starts at the top. The CEO sets the direction and identity of an organization. For 20+ years I haven't seen that we have an identity or a direction on the field. Is it as simple as our identity is to just make as much money for the owner? Or it it something different. Lets hope Doug can bring and maintain an identity to who we are going to be.

Inspirational-Quotes-for-Authentic-Livin

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If Alex Smith is in our top 3 we’re in more trouble than I thought.  Also Kerrigan at 10 is ridiculous.  Kerrigan behind Preston Smith is uttterly ridiculous he’s outperformed him every season of his career.  Stacey McGee???????  Dude might not make the 53.

Actually if Alex is our #3, it means that he’s playing great and we’re a playoff contender. I’d much rather have a QB considered one of the better players than some other positions.

Alex Smith is criminally underrated. 

I love arm strength and the ability to attack all areas of the field to stretch the defense out and back as much as can be. More than that, I love a leader who knows how to make the right decisions quickly. If you're a top 12 QB, you should be pretty high up on your team's talent list.

Kerrigan is overrated on this forum. 
P.Smith has to take a big step this season....but right now he's on the same level as Kerrigan with better physical tools - they are both non-elite rushers. 
McGee is a starter at LE - He was last year, he will be this year. Eventually, Ioannidis and/or Settle will make McGee obsolete but not this season.

1 hour ago, footy_29 said:

I love arm strength and the ability to attack all areas of the field to stretch the defense out and back as much as can be. More than that, I love a leader who knows how to make the right decisions quickly. If you're a top 12 QB, you should be pretty high up on your team's talent list.

P.Smith has to take a big step this season....but right now he's on the same level as Kerrigan with better physical tools - they are both non-elite rushers. 
McGee is a starter at LE - He was last year, he will be this year. Eventually, Ioannidis and/or Settle will make McGee obsolete but not this season.

Ryan Kerrigan has had multiple seasons better than Preson Smiths best season.  

2 hours ago, footy_29 said:

I can’t like this post enough. You need to post more @footy_29

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Ryan Kerrigan has had multiple seasons better than Preson Smiths best season.  

If you’re evaluating how they play, you need to look at more than just stats. You have to look at level of competition and what each player is accomplishing on plays. The only player that Kerrigan routinely faces that matches the talent level of the players that Smith rushes against week in week out is Lane Johnson.

Now, Kerrigan generally plays pretty well against Lane Johnson but, last year Preston Smith played just as well against Tyron Smith as Kerrigan played against Johnson.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If you’re evaluating how they play, you need to look at more than just stats. You have to look at level of competition and what each player is accomplishing on plays. The only player that Kerrigan routinely faces that matches the talent level of the players that Smith rushes against week in week out is Lane Johnson.

Now, Kerrigan generally plays pretty well against Lane Johnson but, last year Preston Smith played just as well against Tyron Smith as Kerrigan played against Johnson.

Well you hate Ryan Kerrigan and Josh Norman so I’ll stick with my opinion.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Well you hate Ryan Kerrigan and Josh Norman so I’ll stick with my opinion.

No, I don’t hate them. And someone honestly talking about Preston Smith and what he’s done shouldn’t bother you. Just like someone pointing out when Kerrigan and Norman don’t play up to their salaries shouldn’t bother you or the fact that Kerrigan does mostly play against lesser talented OL than the ROLBs do. That’s just the truth. I’m sorry that upsets you, but I can’t control your emotions.

Archived