MKnight82's Top 20 Most Talented Redskins of 2018 - Full List Up

MKnight82

49 minutes ago, Woz said:

He could have a bounce back year, especially if they give the punt return duties to someone else.

That’s right, I’m hopeful he does. A big key for him is the health of Jordan Reed. If Reed played more than 1/2 the year like he did in 2015 and 16 that takes pressure of Crowder and opens up room for him to operate.

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Crowder has outproduced Vernon both years he's been here.

Yeah, Crowder had a down year last year, but only by his standards and what we expected him to do which was duplicate his 2016 or surpass it.

It’s like when I told @oldman9er about what Crowder could do and did do two years ago in my prediction thread, he was surprised.

If Crowder didn’t have those drops fromlast year he probably ends up with 75 recs, 900 yards and 6 to 8 TDs.

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, Crowder had a down year last year, but only by his standards and what we expected him to do which was duplicate his 2016 or surpass it.

It’s like when I told @oldman9er about what Crowder could do and did do two years ago in my prediction thread, he was surprised.

If Crowder didn’t have those drops fromlast year he probably ends up with 75 recs, 900 yards and 6 to 8 TDs.

Yes, as someone far less aware of Redskins' past, I really didn't know that Crowder was so productive, the last few years. I remember him as a prospect, and remember liking him. It will be exciting to see what he can do with Alex and a healthy OL. I like those quick, sharp route-running WRs, and so does Smith. 

.. and nice thread concept you have here, @MKnight82 ... 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Yes, as someone far less aware of Redskins' past, I really didn't know that Crowder was so productive, the last few years. I remember him as a prospect, and remember liking him. It will be exciting to see what he can do with Alex and a healthy OL. I like those quick, sharp route-running WRs, and so does Smith. 

.. and nice thread concept you have here, @MKnight82 ... 

It’s a good conversation starter in a dead part of the schedule.

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

#9 - DE Jonathan Allen

redskins-place-jonathan-allen-on-injured

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo01.htm

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles Sacks & Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Tkl Ast Sfty AV
Career       5 5                     1.0 3 7   2
2017 22 WAS de 95 5 5                     1.0 3 7   2

Previous Year's Ranking - 10

Allen's spot on the list is a projection, as I'm hoping he has a big year.  When he was on the field last year he was without question the 2nd most impactful front 7 member we had.  The addition of Payne and Ioannidis' emergence should open things up for him too.  The whole defense was better when he was on the field last year. 

I don’t think it’s too much of a projection, to be honest. I know he hasn’t played much for us yet, but from having seen him put in work (and having seen the defense drop off without him), I think he’s a star.

I’ll be a little surprised (and a little disappointed) if he’s not considered top 5-6 on this list by this time next year. Don’t want to spoil the remaining names on your list, but I think he’s already better than a certain ILB and I hope he’ll at least surpass a certain S and RT in terms of impact.  

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

I don’t think it’s too much of a projection, to be honest. I know he hasn’t played much for us yet, but from having seen him put in work (and having seen the defense drop off without him), I think he’s a star.

I’ll be a little surprised (and a little disappointed) if he’s not considered top 5-6 on this list by this time next year. Don’t want to spoil the remaining names on your list, but I think he’s already better than a certain ILB and I hope he’ll at least surpass a certain S and RT in terms of impact.  

I don’t think that’s an unreasonable projection but after playing limited games in his first year I thought it was prudent to discount him a bit for further injury risk.

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yeah, I’ll be shocked if Allen doesn’t have 50 tackles and 5 sacks. That’s what I predicted in my thread, and I think that’s being conservative.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Vernon has had some bad drops and fumbles too. One of Vernon’s fumbles was returned for a TD two years ago.

Also weren’t most of Crowder’s turnovers on PRs?  Maybe he should just be benched as PR and concentrate on WR.

57 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

1 vs what?  Like 10?  I’m on my phone so can’t check right now. 

VD had 2. One was returned for a TD in the San Fran game and totally changed the momentum in that game and began to allow them back in the game.

Crowder had 8. 3 as a receiver and an unbelievable horrible 5 as a punt returner with 3 of them leading to eventual TDs for Philly, Oak and Dal but they weren’t returned for TDs.

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

VD had 2. One was returned for a TD in the San Fran game and totally changed the momentum in that game and began to allow them back in the game.

Crowder had 8. 3 as a receiver and an unbelievable horrible 5 as a punt returner with 3 of them leading to eventual TDs for Philly, Oak and Dal but they weren’t returned for TDs.

8? That’s ridiculous. 

#8 - S DJ Swearinger

usa_today_10418310.0.jpg

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SweaDJ00.htm

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles Sacks & Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Tkl Ast Sfty AV
Career       75 51 10 76 0 31 29 6 1 3 12 0 3.5 238 67   24
2 yrs ARI     20 13 3 13 0 12 9 1 0 1 0 0 2.0 63 8   6
2 yrs HOU     32 22 3 31 0 25 10 4 0 1 0 0 1.0 106 38   10
1 yr TAM     7 0           0 0 1 12 0   8 3   1
1 yr WAS     16 16 4 32 0 31 10 1 1 0 0 0 0.5 61 18
2013 22 HOU SS 36 16 10 1 0 0 0 4 1 0 0 0 0   54 16   4
2014 23 HOU SS 36 16 12 2 31 0 25 6 3 0 1 0 0 1.0 52 22   6
2015 24 2TM     11 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2 12 0   15 3   2
    ARI db 36 4 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0   7 0   1
    TAM   36 7 0           0 0 1 12 0   8 3   1
2016 25 ARI db/fs/s/ss 36 16 12 3 13 0 12 8           2.0 56 8   5
2017 26 WAS FS/s 36 16 16 4 32 0 31 10 1 1 0 0 0 0.5 61 18   7

Previous Year's Ranking - 11

DJ Swearinger brings a combination of physicality and playmaking ability to our secondary has been missing for awhile.  Its fitting that he wears #36, because he's the first Redskins Safety to have 4 INTs in a season since Sean Taylor did it in 2007.  He also had a forced fumble for 5 turnovers on the year.  I think its impressive too that he was voted team Captain his first year with the Redskins.  He brings a lot of value to our secondary and should be a good player for us in 2018.  

Archived