Will Josh Allen become a franchise QB for the Bills?

WizeGuy

On 8/3/2018 at 8:57 AM, Forge said:

Hack never looked the part to me. At least with Allen, I have seen the potential. I do agree with @MSURacerDT55 that he could be a bit of a tease throughout his career though, and I say that as a pretty big fan of Allen overall. I don't think he'll just never play like Hack...that is too low of a floor to me. Locker makes sense, but I've also used Josh Freeman (without the other issues) as comparable floor, which I think is fair. I honestly just don't think it's possible to be a bottom 10 pick and bottom out as badly as Hack has in his career if only because Allen will at some point get into a huddle in a real game lol

In Hack's defense. He does play on the Jets. Teams can ruin QB's, look no further then what the Texans did with David Carr. And with Hack, I don't think he ever really got the chance to get started and be with a team that could correct his mistakes. So bad O-Line play at Penn St then in New York. Hopefully Darnold breaks the norm there.

On 8/22/2018 at 11:10 PM, Groink said:

He'll be starting the season most likely.  I guess we'll see what he can do soon enough.

Josh Allen is gonna ball out.

He's my early favorite for Rookie of the Year (along with Rashaad Penny). 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/27/2018 at 10:08 PM, Activated10 said:

How has he looked so far this year 

He's been inconsistent. He looks comfortable out there and isn't afraid of the moment, but he's slow processing and he's having to play with some horrific talent for his skill set. He needs to play behind a good OL and RB and play action teams and take big shots. The Bills run game and OL is a freaking joke and every QB that's been back there is running for their lives trying to throw it to blanketed WR's.

He's going to be good methinks. It's still too small of a sample size to tell one way or another right now, but I really liked him before the draft and I don't think he's done anything that screams BUST to me yet.

57 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Emblematic of Josh Allen as a prospect. The guy with one of the biggest arms to ever enter the league serves up an underthrown duck on the game winner.

You do realize that's a ~50 yard throw with him falling across his body right?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Emblematic of Josh Allen as a prospect. The guy with one of the biggest arms to ever enter the league serves up an underthrown duck on the game winner.

Out of all the Allen throws you can cherry pick from you choose the one where he makes an insane play and the receiver drops a gimme? C'mon bro!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You do realize that's a ~50 yard throw with him falling across his body right?

19 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Out of all the Allen throws you can cherry pick from you choose the one where he makes an insane play and the receiver drops a gimme? C'mon bro!

He can throw it 80 yds. And he had a running start. It was such a bad ball it surprised Clay and he had to dive back to get it.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:52 AM, BayRaider said:

Have you ever been right?

He has. James Conner and Alvin Kamara spring to mind. And as much as the Foster "eyes" thing has been a running gag on the forum as a whole, Foster has kind of proven him to be right about that so far. 

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

He has. James Conner and Alvin Kamara spring to mind. And as much as the Foster "eyes" thing has been a running gag on the forum as a whole, Foster has kind of proven him to be right about that so far. 

Callaway too has been decent 

18 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Another situation of you see what you want to see.

Bingo.

Allen admitted it should have been a better throw, but it hit Clay in the hands and wth was Clay doing in the back of the endzone when all you need is a first down and your QB is scrambling. 

• Like 1

I wish NextGen Stats put up a link - according to NFL Network Post-Game wrap-up on Sunday night, Allen put up 814 yards of distance travelled running in the game last week.  814 yards lol.

I mean, there's no denying the physical talent is special.   Just a case of him picking up on the accuracy/placement/read progression & D recognition part...which again, are where special physical talents fail.   But there's been some progress on those fronts.  Not much, but enough I'm sure to let the Bills fanbase have hope.