Will Josh Allen become a franchise QB for the Bills?

WizeGuy

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2018 at 9:42 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I don’t want him starting until we get better pieces for him. We have no proven targets outside of KB, who will draw double teams. 

This is super important to me. Right now...I think the Bills would hurt him more than help him if they played him. 

No I don't.  IIRC, I had Josh Allen as my #6 quarterback in this year's draft and he has gone to a team with little offensive talent aside from Shady McCoy.  I think he will be a bust, full stop. 

That being said, I understand why Buffalo took him ahead of Josh Rosen.  Buffalo is not an easy town to throw a football in thanks to the winds.  Buffalo needed a quarterback who had that kind of howitzer arm and that just isn't Josh Rosen. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah his floor is more like Hack.

Hack never looked the part to me. At least with Allen, I have seen the potential. I do agree with @MSURacerDT55 that he could be a bit of a tease throughout his career though, and I say that as a pretty big fan of Allen overall. I don't think he'll just never play like Hack...that is too low of a floor to me. Locker makes sense, but I've also used Josh Freeman (without the other issues) as comparable floor, which I think is fair. I honestly just don't think it's possible to be a bottom 10 pick and bottom out as badly as Hack has in his career if only because Allen will at some point get into a huddle in a real game lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hack never looked the part to me. At least with Allen, I have seen the potential. I do agree with @MSURacerDT55 that he could be a bit of a tease throughout his career though, and I say that as a pretty big fan of Allen overall. I don't think he'll just never play like Hack...that is too low of a floor to me. Locker makes sense, but I've also used Josh Freeman (without the other issues) as comparable floor, which I think is fair. I honestly just don't think it's possible to be a bottom 10 pick and bottom out as badly as Hack has in his career if only because Allen will at some point get into a huddle in a real game lol

Obviously Allen will play due to his draft position but in a worst case scenario I could easily see him being unplayable shortly after.