Dolphins reveal new uniforms

Shylo3716

3 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

Change??? Looks the same.

It's admittedly a subtle change, the colors are brighter and the navy blue was largely removed.

Overall I like it quite a bit, I've always like their all-whites and now the aquas look even better. Now change the logo back to the throwback and it's perfect, IMO.

41 minutes ago, tribar said:

What change?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927304/article/miami-dolphins-unveil-updated-simpler-uniforms

Fans will continue to lament the loss of the helmeted, cartoon dolphin leaping in front of a sunburst, but for the first time since that 1997 revamp, Miami is free of navy blue (save for its use in the team's logo) -- and that is excellent.

A slight change makes for an excellent upgrade. The Dolphins state it simply as "pure Aqua and Orange." The orange is darker, moving away from a sherbet-like shade to the traditional, bolder color. It immediately pops on the new uniforms, trimming the aqua numbers and stripes on the white set and the white numbers and stripes on the aqua set. Instead of using navy to border these elements, the updated orange stands on its own. Less is more.

The color combination also more closely resembles the franchise's throwback set, which is immensely popular with the fan base. Those throwbacks will again be used for two games this season, per the team.

Overall, addition by subtraction. A modern, simple look reconnects with those of the last millennium for a franchise looking to emulate its success of past decades.

It's subtle but I really like it.

41 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

There was a bit of discussion in the Miami subforum. Pretty much universal praise (something rare for Miami fans)

yea I figured you guys were on it

of the three that made changes, you guys were the best and did the least. I thought.

Jags new set is solid...but a few tweaks away from being great....titans is a mixed bag.

I mean the Phins' "new" logo, the weakest part of their identity since they refresh, even looks improved with the darker orange.

It’s a fantastic set. They took an okay set they had before, made a couple tweaks and found a way to almost completely perfect them.

This is easily a top 5 uniform in the NFL right now, and I might go so far as to say the aqua is a contender for the best primary uniform in the league. 

Archived