Gambling could renew push for 18-game season

DigInBoys

Not gonna happen for a long long time if at all, NFLPA would only commit to 18 game seasons if they got something massive from the NFL even then I doubt the NFL can offer something that valuable to them. 

9 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Not gonna happen for a long long time if at all, NFLPA would only commit to 18 game seasons if they got something massive from the NFL even then I doubt the NFL can offer something that valuable to them. 

I'm sure the first garbage offer to deny would be to shorten preseason to 2 games. When they see that and know starters only really play one game of any real time, that gets shot down, then the back and forth will start.

I'f anything I wouldn't mind one more playoff game for the NFC and AFC each, but regular season is plenty long.

I think first we'll get an 18 week season, 17 games for each team. That 17th game being 16 international/neutral site games sprinkled throughout the season.
Their concession will be dropping a preseason game and a percentage increase of profits (which is gonna go way up because of this)

It meets the players in the middle, helps the league do more and consistent outreach abroad as well as getting into US markets that don't have a team.

4 minutes ago, G said:

16 games, no preseason, no Thur games except for holiday tradition, extra wild cards, Focus on making a better quality product.

I don't see how no preseason at all could lead to a better product. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

and get rid of the wild card round. 

Won't happen. Keeps more fans interested and teams in the hunt for things and not to mention how much money is made off of playoff games alone. This is a really terrible suggestion.

Archived