Gambling could renew push for 18-game season

DigInBoys

2 minutes ago, youngosu said:

Because why?

You say so? 

Cool, I guess. Are you free to provide all opinions for all situations? Wouldn't want to disagree with your opinions based on literally nothing.

Was 16 perfect when it was a 28 team league? 30 team league? 31 team league? 

What size does the league need to be for 16 to no longer be perfect? 34? 40?

Oh share your wisdom. 

Simple mathematics, that's why. 

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

The thing is, I wouldn't call your opinions propaganda if you posted about anything else other than anything about how unfair you think the league is. I mean seriously your posting history is on this site to date are all about the same topic.

Lol, so now you are saying that because you don't like the topics I choose to post about my opinions are propaganda? 

I'm sorry my posting history doesn't meet your required needs. 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Simple mathematics, that's why. 

You are ridiculous. 

Simple mathematics. That is comedy gold. So explain the math behind 16 being perfect when the league was 28 teams? And how many teams will be needed for the simple mathematics to justify a different number of games?

Should be easy to explain given that its simple mathematics. 

Just now, youngosu said:

Lol, so now you are saying that because you don't like the topics I choose to post about my opinions are propaganda? 

I'm sorry my posting history doesn't meet your required needs. 

I never said that I didn't like them or not. I only stated the content of said topics. 

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I never said that I didn't like them or not. I only stated the content of said topics. 

Guess what? I post about topics that interest me. 

Guess what interests me? The business side of the sport. So I post about the business side of the sport. Pretty simple. 

I couldn't care less about discussing what free agent is gonna sign where or who the 10 best QBs in the league are but when a topic about the business side of the sport comes up I am interested. And yes, I am gonna challenge the status quo when someone simply says "16 games is perfect in a 32 team league because math"

Sorry you don't like being pushed to actually defend your ridiculous statements. 

I don't care if the league plays 14, 16, or 18 games but the claim that 16 is perfect because math is ridiculous. My personal preference would be going back to 14 and saving the bodies of the players while making a better schedule for reasons beyond "simple mathematics"

Just now, youngosu said:

You are ridiculous. 

Simple mathematics. That is comedy gold. So explain the math behind 16 being perfect when the league was 28 teams? And how many teams will be needed for the simple mathematics to justify a different number of games?

Should be easy to explain given that its simple mathematics. 

LOL. Okay, I'll humor your trolling attempt because this is just getting funny now.

I never said anything about 28 teams. I said 16 games are perfect for a 32 team league and that it is simple math. Which it is. 256 games divided by 16 equals 16......simple math. 

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

LOL. Okay, I'll humor your trolling attempt because this is just getting funny now.

I never said anything about 28 teams. I said 16 games are perfect for a 32 team league and that it is simple math. Which it is. 256 games divided by 16 equals 16......simple math. 

Not worth it. You clearly are "simple" Enjoy....

Just now, youngosu said:

That is NOT an explanation. Call it trolling all you want but that entire post lacks any logic whatsoever. Guess what 324 games divided by 18 equals 18....Simple math...

WTF, this is beyond absurd. But yeah, I am the troll. 

You are trolling, atleast I hope so anyhow, if you can't see that a 32 team league divided by 2 conferences(16 teams each), 4 divisions(8 teams) and 4 teams in each division where they play twice each time is not perfect then I don't know how to help you with your math skills. 

31 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

What alot of people are missing from the OP's article is this....

So the injury concerns are lessened, but this also means that we have to watch our favorite teams' back up QB vs another back up QB for two weeks and potentially even on MNF or SNF. Sounds like TWO glorified 3rd pre-season games to me. 

Anyhow, going back to my quote above before it gets lost in this other non-sense. An 18 game season is terrible idea. 

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You are trolling, atleast I hope so anyhow, if you can't see that a 32 team league divided by 2 conferences(16 teams each), 4 divisions(8 teams) and 4 teams in each division where they play twice each time is not perfect then I don't know how to help you with your math skills. 

Lol, If you say so.....

And you might even have an argument if the NFL moved to 16 games in 2002 but since it started in 1978 when the league had 28 with 6 divisions of 4 or 5 teams your "math" logic doesn't work (which is why I brought 28 teams up if that wasn't clear). Sorry, it just doesn't. Its beyond a stupid argument. It just is. 

But enjoy believing I am just a troll. 

Just now, youngosu said:

Lol, If you say so.....

And you might even have an argument if the NFL moved to 16 games in 2002 but since it started in 1978 when the league had 28 teams your "math" logic doesn't work (which is why I brought 28 teams up if that wasn't clear). Sorry, it just doesn't

But enjoy believing I am just a troll. 

But it didn't move to 16 games in 2002 or 1978 or in 100AD......so what's your point?

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

With the same amount of teams and same divisions as now?

No, which is the point. Not sure why this is so complicated. Let me ask it another way.

And when does your math dictate it changing from 16? 34 teams? 36 teams? 50 teams? If its simple math you should be able to explain when to go to 17, 18, or 40 games because of said math right?

The NFL isn't using any type of math to determine its season length (unless you can explain why 16 was the correct mathematical number for a 28 team league with 6 divisions which I would be quite interested in seeing). Its comical to claim "simple math" as reasoning for the arbitrary number of games that currently exist without being able to use that same math to justify previous and future schedules. So I assume you have the math to back up a 16 game schedule prior to 32 teams and the math to explain when the schedule should expand. Its simple after all, right?

1 minute ago, youngosu said:

No, which is the point. Not sure why this is so complicated. Let me ask it another way.

And when does your math dictate it changing from 16? 34 teams? 36 teams? 50 teams? If its simple math you should be able to explain when to go to 17, 18, or 40 games because of said math right?

The NFL isn't using any type of math to determine its season length (unless you can explain why 16 was the correct mathematical number for a 28 team league with 6 divisions which I would be quite interested in seeing). Its comical to claim "simple math" as reasoning for the arbitrary number of games that currently exist without being able to use that same math to justify previous and future schedules. So I assume you have the math to back up a 16 game schedule prior to 32 teams and the math to explain when the schedule should expand. Its simple after all, right?

I don't need to explain anything. The league did it for me when they decided to realign the divisions in 2002 to it's current state after the Texans entered the league. 32 teams, 16 games.....

Anyhow, I've had my fun with humoring your trolling for one night.

Archived