Do they bring in competition for Jason Myers?

pwny

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But the fact we have only 1 player at a starting position who is playing badly and has no experience that makes me think he will be good and we aren't pushing him is a horrible idea

Not the only position where that's the case really.

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Myers being a bad player doesn't make other bad players good though.  Collecting bad players doesn't help.  You just end up with more bad players.

I think that Aguayo can turn things around.

However, even if we had put in a claim for him (no idea if we did or not), we wouldn't have gotten him. Chicago has a higher waiver priority than we do.

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Myers being a bad player doesn't make other bad players good though.  Collecting bad players doesn't help.  You just end up with more bad players.

But the new bad player could be better, and offer some form of upgrade until a good player can be obtained.

6 hours ago, iPwn said:

But the new bad player could be better, and offer some form of upgrade until a good player can be obtained.

Maybe a marginal upgrade.  Hard to assess marginal upgrades between bad players in such a small sample anyway though.  Should have actually gone out this summer and hired an actually good kicker, instead of trying to patch it at the last minute with some other trash.  Plus as @Adrenaline_Flux said, really a moot point anyway, as he was claimed before us.

Also, my original comment was just a joke about highly drafting ball kickers and how stupid it typically is, ie Anger ahead of Russell Wilson, Aguayo in the 2nd round lmao.

Archived