Ranking The Roster - #8

TitanLegend

Who is the 8th best player on the Titans roster?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 8th best player on the Titans roster?

• Logan Ryan
    • Adoree Jackson
    • DaQuan Jones
    • Brian Orakpo
    • Derrick Morgan
    • Dion Lewis
    • Wesley Woodyard
    • Josh Kline
    • Ben Jones
    • Corey Davis
    • Brett Kern
    • Ryan Succop
    • Bennie Logan

One of the bigger free agent signings in Titans history, Malcolm Butler's steady run as New England's #1 corner lands him at #7 on this year's ranking the roster.

butler600-031518c.jpg

Who takes the #8 spot?

1. Taylor Lewan
2. Jurrell Casey
3. Kevin Byard
4. Delanie Walker
5. Marcus Mariota
6. Jack Conklin
7. Malcolm Butler

Anyways, I went with Adoree. Combination of a strong second half of last season with really high hopes for this upcoming season. Could make an argument for a lot of different guys (Kern, Rak, Morgan, Woodyard, Ryan and Succop) and I wouldn't have much of a problem with it.

27 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Man, when I look at some of the lean years where we had to put this together and compare it to this year, where some genuinely good players aren't touching the top 10, it really helps put the franchise's growth in perspective.

It's wild that a guy like Rishard Matthews isn't going to come close to making the top 10, when you could argue he's the best WR we've had in a the past decade(Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt could maybe make a case).

Just to show how far we've come, this is our 2014 top 10.

1.) Jurrell Casey 
2.) Jason McCourty 
3.) Kendall Wright 
4.) Michael Roos 
5.) Jake Locker 
6.) Andy Levitre 
7.) Bernard Pollard 
8.) Derrick Morgan 
9.) Nate Washington 
10.) Justin Hunter

I'm honestly surprised neither Ryan nor Davis have gotten any votes. Ryan was our best CB last year and I think he'll flourish returning to thst almost hybrid NB/S role (where he thrived with NEP).

It's not like I don't expect Jackson to improve...I do... I just don't think he overtakes Ryan yet...

And I expect a bigger jump in year 2 from Davis.  I think the divisional game was just a taste of what's coming. No one will benefit fromthe change on offense more than Mariota... but Davis will also be a huge beneficiary... and I believe at this time next year he'll at least be challenging (if not flat ot surpassed) Delanie as our top skill position player. 

Regardless, it's a great sign of the current status of our roster, where quite a few players that deserve mention as top 10 players won't have the room top make it... we may even have some players that would have been fringe top 5 or so players in previous years... that may not even make the top 15 this year: Morgan, Lewis, Henry, Matthews, Woodyard, Jones, Cyp, Kline, etc... (a few of those guys are crunched out of the top 15)

Archived