Joe Mixon

Alex Collins

Carlos Hyde

Corey Clement

Kenyan Drake

Christian McCaffrey

18 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

He also has no argument to be there.

Cause he is smaller and missed time with an ACL injury, maybe it looks that way. Skill-wise, Lewis is a legitimate top thirteen overall running back. The only thing preventing Lewis’ from producing this year like the top ten back he is capable of being is having to share carries with Derrick Henry, (plus Conklin is out and Lewan is holding out).

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Cause he is smaller and missed time with an ACL injury, maybe it looks that way. Skill-wise, Lewis is a legitimate top thirteen overall running back. The only thing preventing Lewis’ from producing this year like the top ten back he is capable of being is having to share carries with Derrick Henry, (plus Conklin is out and Lewan is holding out).

No, I disagree. In fact his skill set really isn't all that rare; we've seen many forms of his over the years (ie. Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead, Giovani Bernard, Duke Johnson etc.). He's an undersized, shifty runner who lacks long speed, has some surprising pop behind his pads and is a real threat in the passing game. Which is all fine and dandy as he's a great piece to any football team. He had a second half to the year and made the most of his opportunities in a system that makes the most of his ability. But to put him into the top 10 is too much considering his talent really isn't all that special. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 2:48 PM, SmittyBacall said:

One of these things is not like the others.

I would say two of those is not like the others, I don't think Derrick Henry belongs in the top 10 either.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:48 AM, SmittyBacall said:

No, I disagree. In fact his skill set really isn't all that rare; we've seen many forms of his over the years (ie. Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead, Giovani Bernard, Duke Johnson etc.). He's an undersized, shifty runner who lacks long speed, has some surprising pop behind his pads and is a real threat in the passing game. Which is all fine and dandy as he's a great piece to any football team. He had a second half to the year and made the most of his opportunities in a system that makes the most of his ability. But to put him into the top 10 is too much considering his talent really isn't all that special. 

Don’t think Lewis is a top 10 RB, but you’re underselling him here. He’s not simply a nifty scatback like most of those guys you mentioned.  

He runs through contact more often than you’d think for a guy his size. He was a big inside runner last year.

EDIT: Also, Henry, Lewis, and Gordon have no business being over Freeman, Howard, or Hunt.

On 7/1/2018 at 5:07 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Don’t think Lewis is a top 10 RB, but you’re underselling him here. He’s not simply a nifty scatback like most of those guys you mentioned.  

He runs through contact more often than you’d think for a guy his size. He was a big inside runner last year.

EDIT: Also, Henry, Lewis, and Gordon have no business being over Freeman, Howard, or Hunt.

You can see Bernard, Sproles, and D. Johnson do this too. Although I'll admit he does finish runs well.

The league seems to agree with me. If Lewis was a top 10 RB he wouldn't of only received $5 million annually on the open market with plenty of suitors vying for is services. Hell even Jerrick McKinnon got $7.5 million annually. He's a very valuable piece, he's not special nor a top 10 RB.

11 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

You can see Bernard, Sproles, and D. Johnson do this too. Although I'll admit he does finish runs well.

The league seems to agree with me. If Lewis was a top 10 RB he wouldn't of only received $5 million annually on the open market with plenty of suitors vying for is services. Hell even Jerrick McKinnon got $7.5 million annually. He's a very valuable piece, he's not special nor a top 10 RB.

Well, again, I’m not claiming he’s a top 10 runner. So, you’re preaching to the choir there. 

Lewis is much better than those guys at fighting through and past contact - he blows away them at YAC and DYAR. He’s a better runner than you’re giving him credit for.

EDIT: And his contract has as much to do with his health (very injury prone) and his opportunities (he’s never had the touches or attempts until this past season).

Archived