Top 10 RB

Scout

8 hours ago, Scout said:

DeMarco Murray. Probably Anderson 

Murray is probably on his way out, but led the league in rushing in 2014 and was 3rd in 2016. I doubt he has fallen all the way off the top 32 list.

CJ Anderson has played behind some really poor OLs in Denver but has never averaged less than 4.0 YPC.  He was 1 of 9 backs to crack 1,000 yards last season with QB play that was something less than good. I think he belongs "somewhere" on the list. 23 seems fair.

Man you know it's the slow time of the year on this forum when people start making claims such as "Cook is easily better than Kamara". Even if Cook didn't tear his ACL last year, he still wasn't playing on the same level as Kamara. It's also amusing to me that Kamara is a bigger RB than Cook, and has nowhere near the recent injury history of Cook (Hamstring/Ankle/ACL/3 shoulder surgeries), but people somehow feel that Cook has shown that he is the workhorse of the two. Getting more carries than someone, but always being dinged up doesn't fulfill the whole durability/workhorse checkbox. These consistent injuries could set him on a Percy Harvin like career path. Shows promise, but never much more due to not being able to stay on the field.  What we do know is that one RB (Kamara) has shown he can play a full season and more importantly finish the season ranked among the best RB's in the NFL (All-Pro, Pro Bowl, Just about every RB ranking I've seen), and do it against some of the best defenses in the NFL (Panthers, Rams, and Vikings come to mind). The other RB played in 4 games where he played well against average at best run defenses.

55 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Man you know it's the slow time of the year on this forum when people start making claims such as "Cook is easily better than Kamara". Even if Cook didn't tear his ACL last year, he still wasn't playing on the same level as Kamara. It's also amusing to me that Kamara is a bigger RB than Cook, and has nowhere near the recent injury history of Cook (Hamstring/Ankle/ACL/3 shoulder surgeries), but people somehow feel that Cook has shown that he is the workhorse of the two. Getting more carries than someone, but always being dinged up doesn't fulfill the whole durability/workhorse checkbox. These consistent injuries could set him on a Percy Harvin like career path. Shows promise, but never much more due to not being able to stay on the field.  What we do know is that one RB (Kamara) has shown he can play a full season and more importantly finish the season ranked among the best RB's in the NFL (All-Pro, Pro Bowl, Just about every RB ranking I've seen), and do it against some of the best defenses in the NFL (Panthers, Rams, and Vikings come to mind). The other RB played in 4 games where he played well against average at best run defenses.

Kamara has Cook beat by what 5 pounds?

Cook had 60 less carries in 12 fewer games.

Kamara rushed for 100 yards in one game all season. Never touched the ball more than 19 times in any game including his receptions.

45 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Kamara vs the Vikings 18 carries for 61 yards in TWO games

Cook vs the Saints 22 carries for 127 yards in ONE game

What's ur point, the Vikings run D is amazing and the saints is garbage. Terrible post 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

I get the hype for Dalvin Cook, but lets keep in mind the incredibly small sample size we're going off of.

I'm also going off what I saw in college from both backs. Cook was the FSU offense for 3 years.

54 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Let's compare them running on the same defense 

Cook vs Tampa 

27 attempts 97 yards 3.8 per carry

Kamara vs Tampa 

10 attempts 68 yards 6.8 average 

Cook vs Detroit 

13 attempts 66 yards 

Kamara vs Detroit 

10 attempts 75 yards 

1 minute ago, GamedayGuru said:

Let's compare them running on the same defense 

Cook vs Tampa 

27 attempts 97 yards 3.8 per carry

Kamara vs Tampa 

10 attempts 68 yards 6.8 average 

Cook vs Detroit 

13 attempts 66 yards 

Kamara vs Detroit 

10 attempts 75 yards 

Still not a good as Dalvin Cook

54 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Kamara rushed for 100 yards in one game all season. Never touched the ball more than 19 times in any game including his receptions.

You do know Kamara had a partner in crime in the backfield named Ingram, right? Why would he ever touch the ball more than that unless Ingram was hurt? 

While I hold no love for anything Vikings, I too am looking forward to what Cook can do if he stays healthy. Your last couple posts get the "C'mon man!" award though....You're really going to compare the Vikings run D to the Saints run D?

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

If I'm not mistaken Kamara on offense was hardly involved in the season opener against the Vikings (Mark Ingram, and Adrian Peterson ahead of him on the depth chart), but I'll gladly take 15 touches on offense for 105 yards and a touchdown in the playoffs against the Vikings. Obviously you only posted carries for a reason though and conveniently left out receptions. It's also an apples to oranges comparison as the Vikings undoubtedly have a better defense especially against the run. So even when the Vikings limited Kamara in the run game, he still pulled things like this off in the playoffs. 

breeeees.0.gif 

10 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

If I'm not mistaken Kamara on offense was hardly involved in the season opener against the Vikings (Mark Ingram, and Adrian Peterson ahead of him on the depth chart), but I'll gladly take 15 touches on offense for 105 yards and a touchdown in the playoffs against the Vikings. Obviously you only posted carries for a reason though and conveniently left out receptions. It's also an apples to oranges comparison as the Vikings undoubtedly have a better defense especially against the run. So even when the Vikings limited Kamara in the run game, he still pulled things like this off in the playoffs. 

breeeees.0.gif 

Better receiver than a rusher

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Yes, he is bigger. It just plays into this crazy myth that Cook is this workhorse back and Kamara can't handle the load when Kamara literally has prototypical size for the RB position (Was 215lbs as a rookie, and I've read he is 5-10lbs bigger this year).

Cook got injured again.

Kamara had over 100 yards of offense 8 times last year, and had over 75 yards of offense 12 times last year. All while splitting time with another Pro Bowl caliber RB. I'm thrilled with that output as a Saints fan. It's also funny to me that in each of Cook's 4 games, his best YPC average in a single game was 5.8 YPC even when he had games with "limited" carries 12 rushes, and 13 rushes. Alvin Kamara over the entire season averaged 6.1 YPC, or in other words his season average was literally better than any of Cook's individual performances. Kamara's "limited" rushes are a product of having another Pro Bowl RB on the roster nothing more. He touched the ball 15 or more times in 7 games last year, and had 14 touches in 3 other games. It just seems like a silly argument that he can't handle a few more touches a game.

Archived