4.) Fletcher Cox
5.) Gerald McCoy
6.) Ndamukong Suh
7.) Cameron Heyward
8.) Damon Harrison
9.) Grady Jarrett
10.) Mike Daniels

H/M: Jurrell Casey

Leonard Williams, Brandon Williams, and DeForest Buckner are going to be hard to keep off this list...

On 5/29/2018 at 12:00 PM, TheVillain112 said:

1.) Aaron Donald
2.) JJ Watt
3.) Geno Atkins
4.) Fletcher Cox
5.) Gerald McCoy
6.) Ndamukong Suh
7.) Cameron Heyward
8.) Damon Harrison
9.) Grady Jarrett
10.) Mike Daniels

Leonard Williams, Brandon Williams, and DeForest Buckner are going to be hard to keep off this list...

Akiem Hicks??

On 5/29/2018 at 11:00 AM, TheVillain112 said:

1.) Aaron Donald
2.) JJ Watt
3.) Geno Atkins
4.) Fletcher Cox
5.) Gerald McCoy
6.) Ndamukong Suh
7.) Cameron Heyward
8.) Damon Harrison
9.) Grady Jarrett
10.) Mike Daniels

Akiem Hicks is better than half that list. 

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Watt is difficult because we really haven't seen him for like 2 years.

Donald is for sure #1

If Watt is 100% healthy and back to normal, he is #2.

after that for my money, it is Fletcher Cox

If he's back to normal, then surely he's number 1? We have never seen play like it when he was at his best. 65 QB pressures from his position is utterly insane

On 5/29/2018 at 12:00 PM, TheVillain112 said:

1.) Aaron Donald
2.) JJ Watt
3.) Geno Atkins
4.) Fletcher Cox
5.) Gerald McCoy
6.) Ndamukong Suh
7.) Cameron Heyward
8.) Damon Harrison
9.) Grady Jarrett
10.) Mike Daniels

I want to be clear that I'm not disagreeing, merely asking. But was he really that good? Didn't catch many Falcons games last year. Also every time I see him mentioned I have to pause my brain for a second and get myself to stop thinking we're talking about Grady Jackson.

And I'm going to be a wuss and not make a list here, but just say that this is a really competitive batch of players to try to order. 4-3 DTs, 3-4 DEs, and 3-4 NTs means you're getting 2.5 starters per team along with the fact that DLs rotate meaning that you have probably 4 - 6 major contributors per team at those positions. Makes it a tough batch to rank. Like I want to say Chris Jones is top 10, but there's just so many players that I dunno if he is. Would be for 3-4 DEs. Probably not for all interior guys though.

35 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I want to be clear that I'm not disagreeing, merely asking. But was he really that good? Didn't catch many Falcons games last year. Also every time I see him mentioned I have to pause my brain for a second and get myself to stop thinking we're talking about Grady Jackson.

And I'm going to be a wuss and not make a list here, but just say that this is a really competitive batch of players to try to order. 4-3 DTs, 3-4 DEs, and 3-4 NTs means you're getting 2.5 starters per team along with the fact that DLs rotate meaning that you have probably 4 - 6 major contributors per team at those positions. Makes it a tough batch to rank. Like I want to say Chris Jones is top 10, but there's just so many players that I dunno if he is. Would be for 3-4 DEs. Probably not for all interior guys though.

I would say yes and this is not me as a falcon fan saying this but me as a fan of DT's in general and watching alot of them.  Poe was honestly not the guy who demanded double teams for us the majority of the time last year that was Grady Jarrett.   Plus Grady was the #1 player in the league at getting to the RB behind the line on 1st contact after beating blocks.

Deyid88WsAI2LbE.jpg

Short is one bad mofo too imo and one of my favorite Dt's in the league even though he plays for Carolina :(   If im not mistaken he also has the most stops in the redzone of any DT.  

And if you do everything RB's and QB's or whatever else is coming at you without being blocked 1st too he got 1st in that as well for the season.

DeDpUZCWAAEZgsA.jpg

I would say outside of maybe Deion Jones Grady is hands down the best Defensive player we have on our team and without him we would take a tremendous dive in our defensive play and he is one of the main reasons for our defensive turn around over the last 3 years.

He also finished ranked 15th among interior defenders with 39 QB pressures. So he was a top tier run defender and still in the top 15 in QB pressures.

17 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Donald is for sure #1

If Watt is 100% healthy and back to normal, he is #2.

Watt's "100% healthy and back to normal" is usually 17-18 sacks, 20-25 TFLs, 15-20 PDs and 2-3 INTs. He's a one man defense, and he's #1 by a significant margin over Donald.

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Watt's "100% healthy and back to normal" is usually 17-18 sacks, 20-25 TFLs, 15-20 PDs and 2-3 INTs. He's a one man defense, and he's #1 by a significant margin over Donald.

How many TDs? B|

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Making that list was not easy.  If you told me Jurrell Casey who I had as a H/M should be 6th on that list, I really wouldn't argue too much against that.  Donald, Watt, Geno, Cox, and McCoy, I'm pretty firm on being the Top 5 guys.  After that it's nitpicking between about 10-12 other solid interior 3-4/4-3 linemen.  Hell, I didn't even get to Kawann Short and Akiem Hicks, who should be mentioned as well...

9 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

No he's not. Prime Watt is better, but not by a significant amount, let alone present day both healthy.

Archived