Top 10 4-3 DT/3-4 DE & NT

Scout

6 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Donald is working himself into that same breath

Donald is working himself into a prime where he averages 17+ sacks over a 4 year span, including two 20+ sack seasons?

30 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Donald is working himself into a prime where he averages 17+ sacks over a 4 year span, including two 20+ sack seasons?

Since when do sack numbers alone justify how good a player is? 

Let's make this clear, I said that Watt is not significantly better than Donald. I'm not saying Donald is as good or better...

11 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Who said alone?

TFL: Watt (30/prime season), Donald (22, best single season).

Pass deflection: Watt (10+/prime season), Donald (5, best single season).

FF: Watt (15 in 4 year span), Donald (9 in 4 year span).

QB Hits: Watt (47/season), Donald (37, best single season). 

Watt’s prime statistically blows away what Donald has done so far. 

Let's make this clear, I said that Watt is not significantly better than Donald. I'm not saying Donald is as good or better...

You said he’s making his way into the same breath as prime Watt. Which he still has a ways to go to achieve.

Donald’s a beast and is getting better. He’ll probably have his biggest year yet playing with Suh. But he’s not close yet.

Prime Watt, though it's VERY questionable whether we'll ever see him again, is #1 over Donald to me, but it's not a huge gap. Both of them are mold breakers who have been playing at a GOAT-esque level. 

I predict that Watt is only able to get to about 80% of his former self and has forever lost a a bit of explosiveness, so for now I'd go Donald 1 and Watt 2 heading into season. Will do a full top 10 later.

51 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Prime Watt, though it's VERY questionable whether we'll ever see him again, is #1 over Donald to me, but it's not a huge gap. Both of them are mold breakers who have been playing at a GOAT-esque level. 

I predict that Watt is only able to get to about 80% of his former self and has forever lost a a bit of explosiveness, so for now I'd go Donald 1 and Watt 2 heading into season. Will do a full top 10 later.

I've already bought into us never seeing prime Watt again. I think everyone has.

This being said, we've never seen Donald come even close to what prime Watt has done.

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

It's not just sack numbers. It's TFLs, pick sixes, passes defended...hell, he's even caught a few TD passes as a TE.

Only player I've ever seen that creates chaos like prime Watt is Lawrence Taylor. Prime Watt is something we've never seen before, and probably won't see again (Nick Bosa is probably the closest thing I've seen to prime Watt, and he's still not quite there).

25 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

It's not just sack numbers. It's TFLs, pick sixes, passes defended...hell, he's even caught a few TD passes as a TE.

Only player I've ever seen that creates chaos like prime Watt is Lawrence Taylor. Prime Watt is something we've never seen before, and probably won't see again (Nick Bosa is probably the closest thing I've seen to prime Watt, and he's still not quite there).

I don't really get the Nick Bosa plug

It's hard to compare anyone to Watt because he can play every DL spot, but I think Donald is clearly the next best thing on the interior

8 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I don't really get the Nick Bosa plug

It's about the havok he brings to the field. When Bosa attacks, he just dominates the guy in front of him, just ragdolls folks. 

You know it when you see it - OL just flailing at wind, or being thrown to the ground like they're kids.

It's hard to compare anyone to Watt because he can play every DL spot, but I think Donald is clearly the next best thing on the interior

I can agree to this - Donald is a fantastic player, well on his way to a HoF career - very reminiscent to Ndamukong Suh, just a disruptive presence.

Prime Watt? His only comparison is Reggie White, he's in a very rare class. 

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Who said alone?

TFL: Watt (30/prime season), Donald (22, best single season).

Pass deflection: Watt (10+/prime season), Donald (5, best single season).

FF: Watt (15 in 4 year span), Donald (9 in 4 year span).

QB Hits: Watt (47/season), Donald (37, best single season). 

Watt’s prime statistically blows away what Donald has done so far. 

You said he’s making his way into the same breath as prime Watt. Which he still has a ways to go to achieve.

Donald’s a beast and is getting better. He’ll probably have his biggest year yet playing with Suh. But he’s not close yet.

QB pressures best figures; Watt (65), Donald (45).

Archived