Deshone Kizer Appreciation Thread

FGK

11 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I'm not criticizing him for not developing them, I'm criticizing him for basically wrecking them.

You don't throw inexperienced QBs to the wolves and expect Peyton Manning.

Who's expecting that?

I think it's fair to say Kizer has underperformed.  Hue isn't throwing the picks, failing to throw the ball away, etc.

The kid isn't ready and Hue is having learn a bit more, how's that ruining him?

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who's expecting that?

I think it's fair to say Kizer has underperformed.  Hue isn't throwing the picks, failing to throw the ball away, etc.

No, he's expecting him to digest his full offense and calling downfield pass after downfield pass for him. It's a fire-able strategy. Inexperienced QBs have had much more success at the start of their careers in more simplified offenses that ran the ball as much as possible, even if not very productive, to lighten the load. A rare few are capable of running your entire offense from the start without help from a running game.

8 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

No, he's expecting him to digest his full offense and calling downfield pass after downfield pass for him.

We're assuming that Kizer isn't calling audibles/doesn't have the power to do so. Considering the fumbled pitch inside the 5 was on an audible, a lot of that is on Kizer's inability to identify defenses/pressure. He's also, by his own admission, refusing to checkdown. He also has to identify pressure pre-snap and audible to slants, outs, hitches, checkdowns, etc. When was the last time we saw him complete a slant/out to a slot WR? I'm serious.

Inexperienced QBs have had much more success at the start of their careers in more simplified offenses that ran the ball as much as possible, even if not very productive, to lighten the load.

I whole-heartedly agree with this. Too bad Crow is absolute garbage. Giving him the ball is what gets them into 3rd and 7+ situations on a regular basis. I've seen it happen A LOT this year. Run, Run, 3rd and 7, sack/INT/incomplete, and/or punt.

A rare few are capable of running your entire offense from the start without help from a running game.

Yeah, I won't disagree.

14 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

No, he's expecting him to digest his full offense and calling downfield pass after downfield pass for him. It's a fire-able strategy. Inexperienced QBs have had much more success at the start of their careers in more simplified offenses that ran the ball as much as possible, even if not very productive, to lighten the load. A rare few are capable of running your entire offense from the start without help from a running game.

Just so all parties are perfectly clear here, you have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how much of the playbook Hue is using or expecting Kizer to know.

He can't handle simple plays either as the INT (half field, 2 progression read) or fumble (muffed pitch on a play he's prolly ran since before puberty) would indicate.

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1. We're assuming that Kizer isn't calling audibles/doesn't have the power to do so. Considering the fumbled pitch inside the 5 was on an audible, a lot of that is on Kizer's inability to identify defenses/pressure. He's also, by his own admission, refusing to checkdown. He also has to identify pressure pre-snap and audible to slants, outs, hitches, checkdowns, etc. When was the last time we saw him complete a slant/out to a slot WR? I'm serious.

2. I whole-heartedly agree with this. Too bad Crow is absolute garbage. Giving him the ball is what gets them into 3rd and 7+ situations on a regular basis. I've seen it happen A LOT this year. Run, Run, 3rd and 7, sack/INT/incomplete, and/or punt.

Yeah, I won't disagree.

1. I agree with all that. And that's a lot to put on a rookie QB with 2yrs of college. I think most OC's wouldn't.

2. Hue's offense appears to be pass first, regardless of what he says. Imo, if you want to run the ball, you just have to do it... and do it. How else are some of these guys going to actually learn.

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just so all parties are perfectly clear here, you have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how much of the playbook Hue is using or expecting Kizer to know.

He can't handle simple plays either as the INT (half field, 2 progression read) or fumble (muffed pitch on a play he's prolly ran since before puberty) would indicate.

Analysts who have talked to Hue and looked at the offense have said he hasn't dumbed anything down. It's his regular offense.

17 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

1. I agree with all that. And that's a lot to put on a rookie QB with 2yrs of college. I think most OC's wouldn't.

2. Hue's offense appears to be pass first, regardless of what he says. Imo, if you want to run the ball, you just have to do it... and do it. How else are some of these guys going to actually learn.

Analysts who have talked to Hue and looked at the offense have said he hasn't dumbed anything down. It's his regular offense.

Who? 

On 10/12/2017 at 2:21 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who? 

I believe it was Adam Archuleta or Ronde Barber. But I don't think it's too hard to recognize the offense Hue's been running with Kizer is not really any different than the one he ran with Kessler, Griffin or McCown.

Archived