Terrance Williams arrested

JWingate

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article211498769.html

Frisco police arrested Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrance Williams early Saturday morning for public intoxication, a Class C misdemeanor, after he crashed his Lamborghini into a light pole and left the scene of the accident.

Can we just cut him now? I kn ow he is really cheap, but is he worth the trouble at this point?

It's about a $3MM cap hit to cut him...but honestly, I'd do it anyway. He isn't worth the contract, and I'd wager we have guys on the roster who could equal or outdo his performances from over the last the few years at a cheaper cost.

45 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

It's about a $3MM cap hit to cut him...but honestly, I'd do it anyway. He isn't worth the contract, and I'd wager we have guys on the roster who could equal or outdo his performances from over the last the few years at a cheaper cost.

Problem is Williams was expected to shoulder some of burden from Dez's release. Now an already questionable depth chart would have to replace he and Dez's numbers...or 120 rec and 1400 yds. That's going to be very tough for Gallup, Wilson, and Brown to do...if not impossible.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Problem is Williams was expected to shoulder some of burden from Dez's release. Now an already questionable depth chart would have to replace he and Dez's numbers...or 120 rec and 1400 yds. That's going to be very tough for Gallup, Wilson, and Brown to do...if not impossible.

It was already impossible if that's the thought. Twill isn't a make or break player, and driving drunk and fleeing the scene is a suspension right?

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Well...let's average some things out. Going to post some numbers that are averages for the vet guys over a 4 year period:

Hurns: 47 receptions // 675 yards // 5 TDs
Beasley: 50 receptions // 526 yards // 5 TDs
Austin: 39 receptions // 318 yards // 2 TDs

That right there would be about 136 receptions // 1,519 yards // 12 TDs just between those three. You figure Hurns being the #1 guy is probably going to do a little bit better than that if healthy. Beasley hopefully can rebound this season and put up numbers similar to that of what he did in 2016. That leaves the rookies/younger guys. Hard to really say what they'll do...but I'd have to think the yards, receptions, and touchdowns could be made up for. 

Sloppy route running, inconsistent and his body catching has cost us a few games.

Let him go. Roll out with Hurns, Gallup,Beasley, Thompson, Wilson and Brown.

I believe Zeke and Austin will also be a big factor.

Really hoping Noah Brown takes a Aquan Boldin like leap this year cause IMO that's his skillset IMO. Had he just returned for his senior season he could have seriously refined his skill and gone 3rd maybe even 2nd round.

32 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Really hoping Noah Brown takes a Aquan Boldin like leap this year cause IMO that's his skillset IMO. Had he just returned for his senior season he could have seriously refined his skill and gone 3rd maybe even 2nd round.

I remember Zeke made a push for us to draft him...it would be pretty neat for yet another late round pick to turn into something for us.

Archived