Terrance Williams arrested

JWingate

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We could have up to 4 rookies starting (assume 3 WR sets).

Our WR Corp will be like our CBS last year. Hopefully we get similar results without the injuries 

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We could have up to 4 rookies starting (assume 3 WR sets).

Well no excuses. I expect our offense to struggle, but if Zeke and OL are in the games we should still get by so long as this defense keeps improving. 

5 hours ago, CAPJ said:

Time to move on. Cut him, take the cap hit this year and let the young guys play.

Why? Isn't this Williams 1st off the field issue or have there been more? If more, cool cut bait. If not, why?  I mean they give players like Gregory chance after chance, sign players like Hardy why take the cap hit on Williams? How is this any different?

33 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why? Isn't this Williams 1st off the field issue or have there been more? If more, cool cut bait. If not, why?  I mean they give players like Gregory chance after chance, sign players like Hardy why take the cap hit on Williams? How is this any different?

Nah. I have no problem with someone who is bipolar taking drugs. I have a huge problem with someone being such an ******* that they drink enough to the point of putting peoples lives in risk. 

I am all about second chances. And redemption matter. But part of falling from grace is realizing you have hit rock bottom and beginning your journey back. Blaming your friend isn't a good look. 

I am good keeping Williams. But this is radically different than Randy.

44 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am good keeping Williams. But this is radically different than Randy.

While true, your club has a long history of players doing similar things or far worse and not getting the axe. Don't think this will be any different. Nor should it be IMO.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I hear what you are saying and I might have been unclear based off this post alone.

I have never been a fan of William's and have liked him less and less each year. 

Sloppy route runner, inconsistent, and a body catcher. 

That on top of the arrest, recovering from injury, possible suspension and the fact it doesnt look like he has long term value with the team, I say cut your losses now.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

While true, your club has a long history of players doing similar things or far worse and not getting the axe. Don't think this will be any different. Nor should it be IMO.

A sports club having different standards for different players based on their value isn't exclusive to the Cowboys or even the NFL.  What do you think the reasons were for the Eagles to look the other way about Lane Johnson's 2 PED suspensions? 

I'll answer it for you:  It's because Lane was a former 1st rd pick and a great OT.

Why have the Browns stuck with Josh Gordon? Similar answer.

If Randy wasn't a 2nd rd. pick with potential to be an impactful edge rusher, he would've been cut already.  Add in the fact that, while suspended,  he's not costing them any money, not taking a roster spot or even accruing any years against his rookie contract (he's technically only accrued 1 year), it makes it even easier to stay with him.   If he was a 7th rd. player that only projected to be depth at best, they would've cut bait after the first suspension.

Yeah you have to be a good football player to be accepted on to the "look the other way" list.

Greg Hardy, Randy Gregory, and guys like Zeke, and Lane Johnson are of a different pedigree than guys like Terrence Williams.

Having said that, I don't expect the Cowboys cut him. Losing Dez, Witt, and your #2 WR in the same off season would be tougher than it already appears to be.

Archived