Andrew Luck’s shoulder

Wyld Stallyns

4 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

This assumes he was destroying the league before he got injured....

Well he did post career numbers with an injured shoulder and lacerated kidney the last full year he played. Could make this response long as hell with his achievements but I’ll let 2018 speak for him 

5 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Bulk passing stats impress literally nobody.

Impresses a lot when you have no help around you besides TY Hilton. Worst Oline in football, worst defense since he’s been in the league. But still puts up incredible numbers. Can’t knock Luck, just wait what happens when they finally put a solid team around him. Something he’s never had but still lead 13-3 seasons off of his arm

13 hours ago, Luckycolts said:

Well he did post career numbers with an injured shoulder and lacerated kidney the last full year he played. Could make this response long as hell with his achievements but I’ll let 2018 speak for him 

lol. He played 5 seasons. Of those five seasons his yards total is 3rd, his passer rating was 2nd, his INT was 3rd, TD’s 2nd. The only numbers he had career highs in were completion percentage where he still ranked 16th in the league (the entire top 10 was above 65% he was at 63%) and   Y/A. 

Oh and he was 16th in attempts and completions so those numbers weren’t burdened by volume. 

He wasn’t even a top 5 QB that year and his team went 8-8. 

17 hours ago, Luckycolts said:

Impresses a lot when you have no help around you besides TY Hilton. Worst Oline in football, worst defense since he’s been in the league. But still puts up incredible numbers. Can’t knock Luck, just wait what happens when they finally put a solid team around him. Something he’s never had but still lead 13-3 seasons off of his arm

Incredible bulk statistics, but otherwise no, he doesn't put up "incredible numbers" at all. He's basically Matthew Stafford but worse.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 11:16 AM, Broncofan said:

Sadly the video doesn't give any info - because Luck's right arm is tucked into the body.   The rotator cuff is needed as the main component when you either lift your arm above shoulder level or when you extend your arm away from your body.     Notice that Luck is using his right arm braced against his body.  This guards the rotator cuff from having to activate.   

It's neither good or bad we see the above video.   If you see him extending the right arm, or using it at shoulder length or higher, then you can gather more clues as to how RC rehab is going.   Sadly the above adds nothing to the big Q.

That is an informative post for those who weren't aware. I do maintenance work and never missed a day with my shoulder injury. Sure, I climbed an extra rung of a ladder because I couldn't raise my shoulder above my head and I carried furniture how it was least painful for me but it is still possible, it isn't like you have a broken arm with a rotator cuff injury. I wouldn't have had any troubles picking up the kids how he was or even lifting really heavy items as long as I didn't have to bring them above my waist. No chance of throwing a baseball or football (was my opposite throwing shoulder anyway) but it shouldn't hurt your horseshoe game and maybe not even your bowling game. Throwing a football less than 10 yards is a good sign for him though. If he was still in really bad shape with his shoulder he wouldn't even consider trying to do that.

On 5/22/2018 at 4:50 PM, Luckycolts said:

Colts have literally never had the worst defense any year he's been in the league. 2017 was pretty awful yes, but the rest of his time in league he's had mediocre defenses.

Archived