Redskins Ceiling and Floor for 2018

turtle28

• 2 months later...

http://czabe.com/the-post/if-the-redskins-are-any-better-than-just-mediocre-ill-be-surprised/#comment-327449

Steve Czaban from the TEAM980, “If the Redskins are any better than mediocre, I’ll be surprised.”

Czabe’s take seems about spot on here. He just said on the radio that he thinks the floor is 4-12 if everything just goes really horrible in every way.

The realistic ceiling is 10-6, 11-5 If the Redskins have everything go their way for once which we all know is about as likely as all of us hitting the mega millions on the same day!

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

http://czabe.com/the-post/if-the-redskins-are-any-better-than-just-mediocre-ill-be-surprised/#comment-327449

Steve Czaban from the TEAM980, “If the Redskins are any better than mediocre, I’ll be surprised.”

Czabe’s take seems about spot on here. He just said on the radio that he thinks the floor is 4-12 if everything just goes really horrible in every way.

The realistic ceiling is 10-6, 11-5 If the Redskins have everything go their way for once which we all know is about as likely as all of us hitting the mega millions on the same day!

Good thing we traded for an aging QB!

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Good thing we traded for an aging QB!

His article means nothing, it’s just an opinion. Overreact much?

I do not think the Redskins should’ve been in the business of tanking which, is what they would’ve been doing if they had gone with McCoy or a rookie QB.

They have a good roster, arguably the best roster they’ve had since 2007 or 2005. Having a good QB gives you a chance to get to the playoffs if you have a good roster around him and they do. 

I mean with your argument it could be easily said your opinion is also that spending nearly $30 million a year to keep Cousins didn’t make sense as well because your opinon seems to be that the Redskins roster is not ready to compete now if it has a good qb leading it. 

Neither makes sense. Having a roster that can compete for the playoffs means that if they get in, anything can happen.

You need examples? Just look at the last 3 NFC East teams to win the super bowl, each of which beat Tom Brady in the playoffs. The Giants were a wild card team twice and won every game on the road in the playoffs and the Eagles won with a back up Qb. 

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

His article means nothing, it’s just an opinion. Overreact much?

I do not think the Redskins should’ve been in the business of tanking which, is what they would’ve been doing if they had gone with McCoy or a rookie QB.

They have a good roster, arguably the best roster they’ve had since 2007 or 2005. Having a good QB gives you a chance to get to the playoffs if you have a good roster around him and they do. 

I mean with your argument it could be easily said your opinion is also that spending nearly $30 million a year to keep Cousins didn’t make sense as well because your opinon seems to be that the Redskins roster is not ready to compete now if it has a good qb leading it. 

Neither makes sense. Having a roster that can compete for the playoffs means that if they get in, anything can happen.

You need examples? Just look at the last 3 NFC East teams to win the super bowl, each of which beat Tom Brady in the playoffs. The Giants were a wild card team twice and won every game on the road in the playoffs and the Eagles won with a back up Qb. 

Who’s overreacting?

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Who’s overreacting?

Umm... the only other person who commented besides me in this thread in 2 months.

Ok, I’ll give you the chance to explain what you meant by “good thing we traded for an aging Qb!”

Seems to me you think it was a waste to trade for a vet Qb and we should’ve tanked rather than continuing to try to be good and make the playoffs. Which, I think is an overreaction opinion.

But, I’m not you, so I could be reading you’re reaction totally wrong.

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Correct.

And I think that’s an overreaction because as I said the Redskins roster is good enough to be a playoff team this year and for the next few seasons - most likely it will even get better as Alex Smith plays more seasons here and our young players develop - and if a team makes the playoffs, anything can happen.  Especially if they have a good defense and running game which, is something that looks like it should be improved for the Redskins this season and in the near future, possibly long term future.

See, Jacksonville.

Basically, I think it’s an overreaction to just think the Redskins are a lost cause because Alex Smith is their QB which, seems to also be your opinion. The 49ers & Chiefs sure weren’t lost causes because Alex Smith was their QBs the last 6 seasons. 

29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And I think that’s an overreaction because as I said the Redskins roster is good enough to be a playoff team this year and for the next few seasons - most likely it will even get better as Alex Smith plays more seasons here and our young players develop - and if a team makes the playoffs, anything can happen.  Especially if they have a good defense and running game which, is something that looks like it should be improved for the Redskins this season and in the near future, possibly long term future.

See, Jacksonville.

Basically, I think it’s an overreaction to just think the Redskins are a lost cause because Alex Smith is their QB which, seems to also be your opinion. The 49ers & Chiefs sure weren’t lost causes because Alex Smith was their QBs the last 6 seasons. 

Again, you're willing to accept mediocrity.  I am not.

39 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Again, you're willing to accept mediocrity.  I am not.

Ok Ricky Bobby, “If you ain’t first you’re  last!” ? 

Oh and in case you’re wondering, Alex Smith has been above mediocrity his last 6 years as a starter.

And, as much as I don’t like this truth, the truth is that Kirk Cousins led a mediocre Redskins team the last 3 years and in that same time frame the Alex Smith led Chiefs were above average.

So, that’s not accepting mediocrity. 

To me it is all about play calling.If Gruden leans heavily on his rookie RB and the running game does not look like it was designed by a clueless cheerleader.Then we can win.How many games we win depends on health and 3rd down defense.

1 hour ago, TKellion said:

To me it is all about play calling.If Gruden leans heavily on his rookie RB and the running game does not look like it was designed by a clueless cheerleader.Then we can win.How many games we win depends on health and 3rd down defense.

Actually last year our 3rd down defense wasn’t a problem, that was two years ago. Last year our main problem on defense was poor run defense after Allen and Foster were lost for the year, some blown coverages, missed tackles/sacks and dropped interceptions that could’ve changed games. 

Archived