Redskins Ceiling and Floor for 2018

turtle28

52 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I could see us winning 3 or 4 if we do well at the beginning of the season with the easy schedule.

If only we had kept Stephen Morris, that would have guaranteed 12 wins right there!

2 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

10-6 ceiling

5-11 floor

Biggest topics this year will be 1) injuries; 2) defense; and 3) can Smith handle the pressure of playing from behind.

If he plays like he did vs the Redskins last year he’ll do just fine. He was great in his come from behind win vs the Redskins, using both his arm and his legs to lead the Chiefs to victory.

Of course, the Redskins probably would’ve won if Norman didn’t break a rib and miss 2/3 of the game and if Doctson didn’t drop what should’ve been the game winning TD.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-super-bowl-2019-odds-predictions-picks-teams-to-fade-from-proven-vegas-expert/ 

Vegas has the Redskins with a top 10 pick next year, and last place in the NFCE.  

I know he is / was an unproven rook but I think losing Guice is huge. I felt like 10-6 with him and now I feel like 7-9 .  3 game swing- yeah. I think someone, maybe WOZ said half game loss. 

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-super-bowl-2019-odds-predictions-picks-teams-to-fade-from-proven-vegas-expert/ 

Vegas has the Redskins with a top 10 pick next year, and last place in the NFCE.  

Smart line. My heart says take the bet at 100 to 1 but my head says stay away from this. The only value I see in this line is with the Vikings at 10 to 1. The Browns have a better chance than the Redskins.

ClassicQuickCoot-size_restricted.gif

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'd honestly be pretty happy with a top 10 pick in this upcoming draft.  I'd be ecstatic having a top 5 pick, with Bosa and Oliver in range.

Unfortunately, I think we're destined for 8-8 and a pick in the late teens.  Sucks because I was confident we'd make the playoffs with Guice.  Now I'm low-key rooting for a top 5 pick (unless we go on a miraculous run the first half of the season).  I think this roster could do big things in 2019 with a blue chip player in the 1st round.

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I'd honestly be pretty happy with a top 10 pick in this upcoming draft.  I'd be ecstatic having a top 5 pick, with Bosa and Oliver in range.

Unfortunately, I think we're destined for 8-8 and a pick in the late teens.  Sucks because I was confident we'd make the playoffs with Guice.  Now I'm low-key rooting for a top 5 pick (unless we go on a miraculous run the first half of the season).  I think this roster could do big things in 2019 with a blue chip player in the 1st round.

I guess we'd play Bosa at OLB?  Oliver is sick, but with Payne, Allen and Ioannidis that might be overkill.  That WR from Ole Miss would be a nice target, or a QB.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I guess we'd play Bosa at OLB?  Oliver is sick, but with Payne, Allen and Ioannidis that might be overkill.  That WR from Ole Miss would be a nice target, or a QB.  

Yes, Bosa opposite Kerrigan, and let Preston walk.  Ioannidis will be on his last year next year, so I'd definitely stack the DL for the 2019 run, if possible.  I'm not a fan of drafting a WR that high unless he's a physical freak like Calvin, Moss, or Julio.  I don't think there are any QBs worth taking that high at this point, but that could change... if not, I'd much rather add an impact, blue-chip, non-QB.

My sense is we still need a lot, but most importantly a touchdown maker. Guide will be one. Hopefully Doctson will be the #1 WR guy, but that’s a big question mark especially with because he gets little to no separation and we have a QB who doesn’t throw to the WR until they are open. Are there any can’t miss qb or WR prospects this year? 

Some of those Vegas odds seem way off to me.

I think the Jaguars, Falcons, Saints, Panthers, and Cardinals should all be higher. I think the Raiders, Texans, Giants, Broncos, and Colts should all be (a lot) lower. 

I actually feel fairly comfortable saying that the Redskins are the most underestimated team on that list. I understand it’s not a direct ranking of quality — it’s more of a ranking of upside —but I think it’s pretty ridiculous to have them in the bottom 10. I’ll actually be fairly surprised if they finish behind either the Giants or Cowboys. Not shocked or stunned, by any means, but definitely fairly surprised. And to have both of those teams at 30-1 and the Redskins at 100-1 is patently absurd.  

I think the Redskins are still around a .500 team despite the Guice injury and maybe even a bit better if we stay more healthy than we have the last few years and our defense is as stout as it looks like it could be.

I don’t see a double digit losing season and a top 10 pick for us next year. I think Preston Smith is going to have a good year this year and we’ll re-sign him. I think our DL is going to be stout, our secondary will be good and our offense will be about th same as it was from 2015-2017.

My opinon is well be drafting an ILB in round 1 in the teens.

On 8/16/2018 at 2:54 PM, MKnight82 said:

I’m about as pessimistic as it gets but there’s no chance this team ends up picking in the top 10. The defense is going to be nasty with Payne, Allen and Ioannidis up front. Smith is too good of a QB for this season to tailspin like that. 

Archived