Our Offense got a lot faster this off season.

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Alex Smith rushed for 355 yards last year, Cousins ran for 179.  That's a difference of 11 yards per game.  Yay?  

The year before Smith rushed for 134, Cousins 96 or a difference of 38 yards.  

Terrelle Pryor ran a 4.38 sec 40.  Paul Richardson ran a 4.40.

Guice ran a 4.49 sec 40 which is impressive at his size, but not blazing.  

I guess I'm failing to see where this speed upgrade is?

Terrell’s Pryor is barely what I’d call a WR bc he can’t run the whole route tree efficiently. So, I’d throw that comparison out and he also only played what, 6 games before his ankle surgery?

My example of a speed upgrade at that WR spot is Richardson’s speed vs Ryan Grant’s speed since Ryan Grant took most of the snaps as the #2 outside WR last year, not Pryor. 

You certainly aren’t going to argue that Richardson replacing Grant isn’t a speed upgrade are you?

Turn on the tape from the 4th quarter of the Redskins @ Chiefs game last year and you’ll see exactly why Alex Smith’s mobility matters. He almost single handidly beat the Redskins the final two drives of the game.

I don’t see how anyone can argue that Alex Smith isn’t more athletic than Kirk Cousins, that he isn’t faster than Kirk or that he doesn’t extend plays more often than Kirk.

Alex Smith is one of the 5 most athletic qbs in the NFL. I love Kirk, but he’s more a straight line guy, Alex has more athleticism. It’s not debatable.

Alex Smith runs about the same 40 time as Josh Norman and most linebackers, a 4.7 forty. Kirk Cousins’ 40 is 4.93 or the same as Trent Williams’ and Da’Ron Payne’s and they both weigh over 310 pounds.

43 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Number of times sacked, 2015-2017 (3 seasons)

• Alex Smith: 108
  • Kirk Cousins: 90 (with two more games and 200+ passing attempts)

That stat doesn’t mean much if you know that the Redskins OL is better than the Chiefs and that up until last year the Redskins had better WRs than the Chiefs. Meaning, Garçon, Crowder and Djax got open faster and more often than Hill, Conley and Wilson.

21 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That stat doesn’t mean much if you know that the Redskins OL is better than the Chiefs and that up until last year the Redskins had better WRs than the Chiefs. Meaning, Garçon, Crowder and Djax got open faster and more often than Hill, Conley and Wilson.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season

PFF disagrees. Given that the Chiefs were the top rushing team in the league, I think you're underestimating the Chiefs' Oline.

Also, last year, pass attempts per sack:

• Smith 14.4
  • Cousins 13.1

So despite having a significantly better offensive line and much better talent at receiver, that Smith was only marginally more effective at not getting sacked.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season

PFF disagrees. Given that the Chiefs were the top rushing team in the league, I think you're underestimating the Chiefs' Oline.

• Smith 14.4
  • Cousins 13.1

So despite having a significantly better offensive line and much better talent at receiver, that Smith was only marginally more effective at not getting sacked.

672b0340d532fc41ce24ac5de40a9903.gif

The mistake you guys are making is trying to quantify Alex through stats. The guy is just a winner, its in his DNA. Class treasurer,  jr. high tiddlywinks champ, 2003 Daytona Beach Spring Fling Dance Off, you name it he's won it!

***Disclaimer: Unless you want to win a second round playoff game***

8 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The mistake you guys are making is trying to quantify Alex through stats. The guy is just a winner, its in his DNA. Class treasurer,  jr. high tiddlywinks champ, 2003 Daytona Beach Spring Fling Dance Off, you name it he's won it!

***Disclaimer: Unless you want to win a second round playoff game***

Except he's 2-5 in the playoffs. 

I hear from some forum brothers we are going to the super bowl this year and Smith is the best QB in the league not like the trash we had last year.  Cousins was the reason we missed the playoffs. 2018/2019 Redskins Super Bowl with our new NFL MVP, historic speed at WR and skill positions and our genius head coach who will thrive now that he finally has a QB! 

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

I hear from some forum brothers we are going to the super bowl this year and Smith is the best QB in the league not like the trash we had last year.  Cousins was the reason we missed the playoffs. 2018/2019 Redskins Super Bowl with our new NFL MVP, historic speed at WR and skill positions and our genius head coach who will thrive now that he finally has a QB! 

Twelve wins baby

6 hours ago, Slateman said:

• Smith 14.4
  • Cousins 13.1

That’s run blocking. I’m talking abut pass blocking. Obviously if we are talking about sacks, we are talking about pass blocking, not run blocking.

Also, Hunt was so good that he made their OL look better than what it was.

The Redskins were better at every OL position than the Chiefs except possibly LG, but I’d ever argue Lauvou is better their their LG. They lost their starter vs us and I think he missed a month or more with a sprained MCL or something.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Except he's 2-5 in the playoffs. 

Team stat. If that’s a team stat for Kirk Cousins, then it’s a Team Stat for Alex Smith too. Also, most of the games Alex lost in the playoffs were against Hall of fame caliber QBs or future Hall of Fame Qbs.

Archived