Turtle’s 2018 Redskins stat predictions

turtle28

It’s time for the 2018 Turtle Redskins stat predictions. It’s always a fun experience as I’m always too optimistic while most think the worst, and sadly they’re usually right!

Anyways, here is mine, feel free to do you own.

A. Smith: 67%, 4,450 yds, 28 TDs, 6 INTs; 60 attempts, 400 yds, 5 TDs

Guice: 1,100 yds, 8 TDs; 20 recs 150 yds

CT: 500 yds, 2 TDs; 60 recs, 600 yds  2 TDs

Doctson: 65 recs, 900 yds, 8 TDs 

Crowder: 70 recs, 850 yds, 5 TDs 

Richardson: 55 recs, 800 yds, 5 TDs 

Reed: 75 recs, 900 yds, 8 TDs 

Davis: 20 recs, 250 yds

P. Smith: 45 tackles, 10 sacks, 3 FF

McPhee: 20 tackles, 4 sacks 

Allen: 50 tackles, 5 sacks

Lanier: 15 tackles, 2 sacks

Payne: 40 tackles, 3 sacks 

Taylor: 20 tackles

Ioannidis: 30 tackles, 4 sacks

McGee: 20 tackles

Foster: 120 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 passes defensed 

Brown, 150 tackles, 4 sacks, 4 passes defensed

Hamilton: 40 tackles, 1 sack, 7 passes defensed 

Kerrigan: 50 tackles, 13 sacks, 4 FF

Anderson: 20 tackles, 2 sacks 

Norman: 70 tackles, 20 passes defensed, 4 ints, 3 FFs

Moreau: 50 tackles, 15 passes defensed, 2 ints

Dunbar: 30 tackles, 7 passes defensed, 2 ints

Scandrick: 40 tackles, 8 passes defensed, 1 ints 

Swearinger: 70 tackles, 2 sacks, 10 passes defensed, 4 ints, 2 FF

Nicholson: 60 tackles, 5 passes defensed, 1 sack, 3 ints

Dont worry Turtle. Im not seeing them as too optimistic.

Playing from way behind always piles on the stats.  :P

Joking aside. Looks reasonable. My only real question is do you think theyll really throw at Norman enough for him to get 20 passes defensed?

38 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dont worry Turtle. Im not seeing them as too optimistic.

Playing from way behind always piles on the stats.  :P

Joking aside. Looks reasonable. My only real question is do you think theyll really throw at Norman enough for him to get 20 passes defensed?

He had 18 passes defensed in 2015 & 19 passes defensed in 2016. Last year he dropped off but I think most of that was bc of the broken ribs.

I do think you’re probably right though bc Bree isn’t even opposite him this year. So, it would seem almost every ball would go at Dunbar, Moreau, Scandrick or at the ILBs and NOT at Norman but if he’s covering the #1 WRs most of the time, teams are going to throw to their #1 WRs.

18 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Alex Smith for MVP!

lolxD ?  Not even close with those numbers. The MVP in the NFL will be from one of the best teams in the NFL and  that’s not going to be the Redskins.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He had 18 passes defensed in 2015 & 19 passes defensed in 2016. Last year he dropped off but I think most of that was bc of the broken ribs.

I do think you’re probably right though bc Bree isn’t even opposite him this year. So, it would seem almost every ball would go at Dunbar, Moreau, Scandrick or at the ILBs and NOT at Norman but if he’s covering the #1 WRs most of the time, teams are going to throw to their #1 WRs.

And add in the pressure from the line with a healthy Allen with an instant ready Payne. I think the pressure getting to the qb wont be giving enough time for separation from Norman. But with such a dropoff after Norman atm, qbs should target other coverage.

21 hours ago, turtle28 said:

A. Smith: 67%, 4,450 yds, 28 TDs, 6 INTs; 60 attempts, 400 yds, 5 TDs

His career high is 4,042 passing yards, 2nd highest was 3,502.  He won't even sniff 4,400, no chance of that happening.  The most passing TDs in his career is 26, 2nd was 23.  We'd be lucky if he throws 20-22 this season.  

Guice: 1,100 yds, 8 TDs; 20 recs 150 yds

I don't think this is unreasonable, I would be quite happy with this.  

CT: 500 yds, 2 TDs; 60 recs, 600 yds  2 TDs

This would be career highs in rushing and receiving yards for CT.  Probably unlikely, especially since I expect our offense to have less yardage under Alex Smith.  

Doctson: 65 recs, 900 yds, 8 TDs 

This is optimistic but I would love to see this.  

Crowder: 70 recs, 850 yds, 5 TDs

This is right in line with his 2016 production, its definitely possible.  

Richardson: 55 recs, 800 yds, 5 TDs 

I'd like to point out that you spread the entirety of Smith's 4,450 production over the players you've listed, and there will definitely be some lower tier guys who take around 200-300+ yards of it during the season.  I think this is where you're too high.  I think Richardson will be a gimmicky speed threat who will have a few good games but disappear often.  He'll finish with around 500-600 yards.  

Reed: 75 recs, 900 yds, 8 TDs 

Well this would be the 2nd best year of his career, so its pretty optimistic.  I feel like he's due for a random healthy season though so I'll go along with this.  

Davis: 20 recs, 250 yds

Vernon Davis has had 500+ receiving yards both seasons with the Redskins.  I think this prediction is too low.  Especially considering he's the only receiving target on the roster that has played with Alex Smith before.  

P. Smith: 45 tackles, 10 sacks, 3 FF

Ya, you know where I stand on this.  If he sniffs 10 sacks he'll pile them up in 3-4 games and then be invisible the remainder of the season.  

McPhee: 20 tackles, 4 sacks

Seems reasonable.  He's had 4 sacks two years in a row.  

Allen: 50 tackles, 5 sacks

Would love to see him pushing up around the 8 sack mark.  This seems like a conservative estimate.  

Lanier: 15 tackles, 2 sacks

Sure.

Payne: 40 tackles, 3 sacks 

I think 3 sacks is unlikely but possible.  I think he'll be occupying double teams more than getting to the Qb.  

Foster: 120 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 passes defensed

Zach Brown will steal a lot of his tackles.  This one has no chance of happening IMO.  

Brown, 150 tackles, 4 sacks, 4 passes defensed

This one has a chance if he stays healthy.  

Hamilton: 40 tackles, 1 sack, 7 passes defensed 

I don't think this guy makes the 53 this year.  

Kerrigan: 50 tackles, 13 sacks, 4 FF

This would be right in line with his production last year.  I'm hoping with Allen and Payne that Kerrigan will be the most to benefit.  I'll one up you here, Kerrigan goes for 15 sacks this year!

Anderson: 20 tackles, 2 sacks 

Sad but true.

Norman: 70 tackles, 20 passes defensed, 4 ints, 3 FFs

I didn't think he gets this many tackles, but he's consistently in the 60s the past few years.  So 70 is a little high but not unreasonable.  I'm going to say you're wrong here though, as our improved front 7 gets to the ball carrier quicker and cuts down the tackles for our secondary players.  I'm guessing 55 for Mr. Norman.  4 INTs sounds reasonable.

Moreau: 50 tackles, 15 passes defensed, 2 ints

Sounds optimistic but I'm hoping this kid steps up big.  I'll go along with this.  

Dunbar: 30 tackles, 7 passes defensed, 2 ints

Pretty much in-line with his career averages.

Scandrick: 40 tackles, 8 passes defensed, 1 ints 

This dude gets hurt in training camp and never steps on the field for us.  Book it.  

Swearinger: 70 tackles, 2 sacks, 10 passes defensed, 4 ints, 2 FF

Sounds good to me.

Nicholson: 60 tackles, 5 passes defensed, 1 sack, 3 ints

I'll go along with this too.

I was just reading over @MKnight82's breakdown and I noticed something.

@turtle28 - do you really project this defense to get 53 sacks? Going back to 2002, the best the Redskins have managed is 42 (which was last season)? That would be a 26% improvement year over year (and that was the best performance for the Redskins since the NFL had 32 teams). Over the same timeframe, only 22 teams have managed 50+ sacks (32 teams across 16 seasons = 512 attempts, so only 4.3% of possible defenses).

You might want to double check your numbers there.

Alex Smith= 3,269 yards, 23 TD's & 9 Int's

Derrius Guice= 2,104 yards rushing, 21 TD's

Jordan Reed= 68 catches, 805 receiving, 10 TD's.

Paul Richardson= 53 catches, 726 receiving, 5 TD's

Johnathan Allen=12 Sacks

DaRon Payne=6 Sacks

Ryan Kerrigan=10 Sacks

Josh Norman=5 Int's

Noteworthy guarantees from Ace!

Redskins will not finish below top 15 in Defense in 2018.

Redskins will be #1 in rushing in the entire NFL season in 2018.

Redskins will win at least 10 games this year.

All 3 will happen presumably the Redskins are relatively healthy for the 2018 season.

5 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Alex Smith= 3,269 yards, 23 TD's & 9 Int's

Derrius Guice= 2,104 yards rushing, 21 TD's

Jordan Reed= 68 catches, 805 receiving, 10 TD's.

do more later

lmao, well done on Guice... though add a few hundred pass yards.. and switch a few of the INTs to the TDs instead for Smith!

... and I like your OP, @turtle28 ... looks overall optimistic, and I like optimistic in May through October (at the least). 

6 hours ago, oldman9er said:

lmao, well done on Guice... though add a few hundred pass yards.. and switch a few of the INTs to the TDs instead for Smith!

... and I like your OP, @turtle28 ... looks overall optimistic, and I like optimistic in May through October (at the least). 

Yeah, I’m not sure why Ace doesn’t think Alex will pass for near or over 4,000 yds again. Gruden is a pass happy coach and the Redskins have a lot of receiving weapons. 

There’s no way Guice gets close to 2,000 yards and 21 TDs for a RB? I want those drugs!

Again, Gruden isn’t going to run the ball 300 times, let alone the 400 he’d need to do for a RB to get 2,000.

Archived