Grade the offseason?

Humble_Beast

New Coaching Staff?

Draft?

Free agency?

Players cut?

Now that the offseason is over the most part(barring a few minor moves), what is your overall grade with the organization? What is your overall highs and lows? I know time will tell, but nice topic for debate on a forum about our favorite football team! 

New Coaching Staff - C+ (Only because I do not like scheme changes.  A+ if I have to compare it to how we started the year last year)

Draft - B (There are a lot of if's in the category.  If Cable can develop the tackles, if Bryant is ready to change, if Hurst is ok,...  This could be an A or an F.  Still not happy with value of the first trade)

Free agency - C (Nothing special.  A bunch of vets who are football players.  If Mack was resigned then an A)

Players cut - B (We saved money but would have liked to see if a few players could have turned it around with a good coaching staff)

Overall - C+ (I honestly have no clue.  Probably will not have a good feel until the second half of the season.  I was pissed in the begging of FA but became more comfortable as the off season has played out.  Would feel a lot better if Mack had already been signed but this should not be an issue now since the draft has set us up to free cap space next off-season.)

I feel great about this offseason. Competition added all across the roster. They were aggressive in adding players who can play and filling needs.

The draft is boom-bust, but this team is trying to win NOW and has the talent/competition on the roster to do that. If we add Adam Jones and perhaps Galette, I'll be as happy as can be.

A- A bit high but I'll explain why...

Coaching looks like an A+++ from a marketing perspective. The reality is a lot of coaches are 'iffy' with us as fans. The HC is the 'shield' but his fire alone this first season, should get the best out of our young stars.

Free Agency is better now looking back at the whole. Besides the 'vet' overflow...CB's have been altered towards potential. LB's have vet experience,  pass rush got a boost of youth. WR we inproved and got deeper, and Oline got some youth for the outside.

Draft we got younger in trenches and one pick is possible steal of entire draft. An injured CB who became 'value' and just a solid draft overall because of the later picks value...

So we look a lot better on paper in every aspect even heading into the last season. The question is, who are we and what will we do...

Archived