Preseason Overreaction Thread

bucsfan333

14 hours ago, NickButera said:

I'm the opposite. I was glad and thought they reached on a far fetched product. But thus far he looks far better than I imagined he would, stepping right up in his first rookie looks. 

He looks like he did in college to me, before we even drafted him. Pitchers arm strength with touch, pocket maneuverability, commands the offense. He's even less interception prone so far, don't know if that will hold up.

Years of having to dodge pass rushers at Texas Tech made him battle ready for the NFL lmao he still has plenty of work to do though. Like actually throwing in the pocket, footwork focus on accuracy and timing.

He may very well get snaps against Seahawk starters 

26 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Is this where I come to talk about how great Carl Lawson is?  1 sack and 1 holding call (after he got beat) against Trent Williams whose one of the best LTs in the NFL, in 1 half.  DROY!!!

Although he might be over rated because he may get hurt...

Lawson does look really good, but it should probably be noted that Trent Williams is notorious for giving a half-hearted effort every preseason. 

On 8/24/2017 at 5:29 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

I wasnt a big fan of Mahomes coming out, but he went to the perfect situation he needed to go to.....good team where he wont be pressured to be the savior.     Wouldnt be as optimistic about his future if a team like the Jets had drafted him.    Get him a good WR and keep that defense in tact, and he could be ready to take over come 2018.  

Neither was I. To me he had great talent but no skill, ie, did nothing that would translate at the NFL level directly. As pure of a project as I have seen. I never like drafting guys early on pure potencial, not at QB at least. He looks much farther along than I expected, which is great news. I always root for more good QBs, not less, especially since I am a football agnostic (aka I don't have a favorite team).

Archived