Should we sign LG Ritchie Incognito?

Eric

Richie Incognito is a free agent. This would be a pretty good signing for us. Even a 1 year deal to get us to 2019. Hes better than any option we have at left guard In my opinion 

16 minutes ago, Eric said:

Richie Incognito is a free agent. This would be a pretty good signing for us. Even a 1 year deal to get us to 2019. Hes better than any option we have at left guard In my opinion 

It would be a great get at this point in FA.  I just really doubt it happens.  After the whole Craven's saga last year, I'm not sure how willing they'd be to risk a player quitting on the team again before the season even starts.

Just now, e16bball said:

He's still a very good player. He's a perfect fit for our biggest need. I despise and detest him with every fiber of my being.

It's a tough call.

No, it's really not.

I have ZERO interest in seeing him in burgundy & gold.

33 minutes ago, Woz said:

No, it's really not.

I have ZERO interest in seeing him in burgundy & gold.

I understand the distaste for him as a human being, but as a football player, he should be signed immediately. Could you imagine him next to Trent?

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Sorry Bro I posted this as a new topic then saw you were ahead of me! 

From what I’m hearing, we are primed for a Super Bowl run in 18 with our QB, Wr’s with best team speed, RB and dramatically improved defense. Signing a left guard is needed because we don’t want that as the reason (excuse) we don’t make the playoffs! 

Hes going to play I bet. His agent convinced him to restructure deal last year and he took a pay cut. One of the top guards in the league. Buffalo screwed him in my opinion. Hes worth more than he was going to make.

I know he has some baggage but at this point in the NFL, who doesn't? I think the wrap he has is actually worse than what it really is.

We DEFINITELY should!

He's mean & we need a LG.

2 yr deal

pay him what he's worth

be careful on guaranteed money & cap hits with his contract though.

He could up & decide to retire. Don't want that messing with our dead cap space.

We should have enough cap, to offer him a deal.

If he doesn’t retire yes we should. Do I expect us to? No, no I don’t.

Allt of us would have rather seen the Redskins sign Alex Boone or Jhari Evans as a stop gap instead of resigning Shawn Lauvao but they chose to resign Lauvao, so I think we should just accept that there’s a 99% certainly that Lauvao will be our starting LG when the season starts.

I don’t think that the Redskins FO will sign  a Lg. I don’t agree with it, but when Lauvao was re-signed after the draft it was a signal that he will once again be our starting guard to start the season.

I hope have Nsekhe and Clemmings compete with Lauvao for the starting LG spot along with Bergstrom, Kalis, Catalina, Jefferson and Dunn - and one of them beats him out - but I’ll be shocked if Lauvao isn’t our starting LG week 1 again. 

Archived