Top 10 NFL rookies that will exceed expectations?

Luckycolts

16 hours ago, VanS said:

QB Josh Allen (Bills) - nobody expects much from him.....everyone is talking about how raw he is and how he lacks accuracy......I think he'll be Offensive Rookie of the Year

WR Equanimeous St. Brown & J'Mon Moore (Packers) - I loved both guys before the draft....pairing them with Aaron Rodgers only makes me like them more

WR Michael Gallup & Cedrick Wilson (Cowboys) - I loved both before the draft.....Cowboys need WRs to emerge.....I think both help Dak have a bounce back season

LB Fred Warner (49ers) - should be a standout rookie defender......he was a first round talent IMO that fell to the third round

DB Minkah Fitzpatrick (Dolphins) - I think he'll be even better than people think......Defensive Rookie of the Year and All-Pro

I think I’m one of those guys that don’t see the Hype in Allen. I saw him at Wyoming and the Senior Bowl. He went nuts at the Senior Bowl which is a good thing but I just gotta see it at this level. & what do the Bills have to compliment him on a ROTY type season, Zay Jones? lol

Going homer - Keke Coutee. 4th round WR, fills a need as the Texans don't have a true slot WR (Braxton Miller isn't a WR, he's not even a good football player at the pro level) and he's being coached by Wes Welker in a slot heavy offense.

With the attention DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller will get on the outside, Coutee is going to get some juicy matchups to exploit. If he could get 30+ receptions for 400+ yards, he's worth the pick.

All depends on the situation. On the guys most likely to start. Thats where people should be focusing.

Michael Gallup WR- Very weak WR core on the Cowboys, if he has immediate starter potential he will break through this year.

Connor Williams OL- Everything is set up for him to succeed here in Dallas. He has All-Pro vet presence across the line to teach him as well as cover for any learning curbs he has while playing. So long as Smith stays healthy Connor will have every opportunity to shine.

Basically like things said above. Where the prospect will have everything going for them.

I would also leave out guys like Chubb and Nelson unless they make a pro bowl their rookie season. I mean you expect high draft picks to start right away unless they are a QB.

So outside of the 1st the guys I think will be in the best position to really exceed what teams expected of them and where they were drafted.

Maurice Hurst DT/ Raiders- On that Raiders line and maybe lining up with Mack? Easy pick here if he stays healthy which I think he will.

Equanimeous St. Brown WR/ Packers- Unless he completely sucks. I can't see how he wont do well with Aaron Rodgers.

Trey Quinn WR/ Redskins- Small unassuming very reliable WR. Smart, quick with sure hands. And was selected in the 7th round. The Redskins probably just drafted an immediate slot receiver considering they have Alex Smith to throw him the ball.

Michael Dickson P/ Seahawks- Lousy draft with no OL help for Wilson? Yea they are gonna be punting alot and at least Dickson is really good at it.

Keke Coutee WR/ Texans- I think slot receivers are always undervalued but they seem to be the ones who always make an immediate impact. Watson is still developing but young QB's love their safety blankets and Coutee has the ability to be that and has enough speed to be a deep threat with Hopkins and Fuller taking pressure and eyes off him.

MJ Stewart CB-----He’s going to become a star in Tampa Bay. Beast in man, zone, and against the run. Limited athletically.

Chris Herndon TE-----Seam-stretching TE with RAC ability. Not a terrible blocker either.

Orlando Brown OT-----Highly underrated, especially on this forum. He’s going to start as a rookie and play RT for a long time.

Joe Noteboom OT-----Won’t play right away, but is the future at LT. Excellent feet and powerful frame. Needs to get meaner.

Ronnie Harrison SS-----Won’t play right away, but has excellent instincts in coverage and is a hammer in the secondary.

Antonio Callaway WR-----Most people know how good he is, so long as he isn’t off doing hoodrat things with his friends.

Mark Walton RB-----Underrated. Might have to share carries with Mixon until teams catch on to his overratedness. Walton is better.

Da’Shawn Hand DT-----Hand has every tool to be an elite NFL player. Inconsistency and lack of technique hurt him.

RJ McIntosh DT-----The BIGGEST steal in this draft IMO. I thought he was a 1st rounder based on his tape. Another inconsistent player though.

Shaquem Griffin OLB-----Not sure where he’s going to play, but he was a steal that late in the draft. I think he’s a SLB, but he’ll be a LEO in Seattle and a darn good one.

Micah Kiser MLB-----Will rack up some amazing stats. Should start as a rookie in LA. Excellent thumping ILB that eats tackles.

Andrew Brown DT-----Freaky athlete with insane untapped potential. Probably my #2 steal in the draft.

Duke Ejiofor DE-----Just a rough & tumble DE that gets pressure and plays the run well. Solid technician with low floor.

Deon Cain WR-----He was my #1 WR before the season started. Drops hurt him, but he’s got legitimate #1 WR traits.

Braxton Berrios WR-----Most people seem to realize what a perfect fit he is in NE. Plus I think he’d be good anywhere. Slower Steve Smith Sr.

Andre Smith MLB-----Probably my #3 steal in the draft. I had him as a 2nd rounder. Excellent thumping ILB not dissimilar from Jarrad Davis of the Lions.

Kendrick Norton DT-----Inconsistent, but flashed dominance as a run stopper and a pass rusher. Not many guys that big move that well.

Greg Stroman CB-----Smaller CB, but feisty and tough to shake. He’s a dynamite return man, but I think his CB skills are underrated.

Logan Woodside QB-----Might not start right away or ever in Cincinnati, but I bet he plays somewhere. He’s good in every area other than size.

Austin Proehl WR-----Will see the field early in Buffalo. A stud route runner with elite hands. Always finds himself open.

Desmond Harrison OT-----A big freaky OT with mauling strength and incredible athleticism. I bet he becomes a starting LT in the NFL if he doesn’t get in trouble.

Quin Blanding FS-----Not very explosive, but he’s very refined. Great tackler, great instincts. Doesn’t make many mistakes.

Jester Weah WR-----Another WR with #1 traits. Great route running, great hands, decent athleticism…not sure what the problem is here.

Simmie Cobbs WR-----Shocked he was undrafted. Thought he’d go in the first 3 rounds. Slow as hell, but catches everything and knows how to box guys out.

11 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Antonio Calloway

He's gonna be the best rookie wide receiver by a wide margin.  I think 700-900 receiving yards and 6-8 TDs are realistic rookie year stats for him.

2 hours ago, VanS said:

He's gonna be the best rookie wide receiver by a wide margin.  I think 700-900 receiving yards and 6-8 TDs are realistic rookie year stats for him.

With tyrod taylor throwing passes? Lol

Best rookie wr will be Tre'quan or Ridley.

2 hours ago, VanS said:

How in the world is he going to accomplish this with a team that has Josh Gordon's, Jarvis Landry's, David Njoku's, and Corey Coleman's mouths to feed? Even if Callaway is a future superstar, he's not going to be getting nearly that kind of production in his rookie season unless 2 of those 4 are injured.

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

How in the world is he going to accomplish this with a team that has Josh Gordon's, Jarvis Landry's, David Njoku's, and Corey Coleman's mouths to feed? Even if Callaway is a future superstar, he's not going to be getting nearly that kind of production in his rookie season unless 2 of those 4 are injured.

Nick Chubb will probably have more receiving yards than Callaway this season

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

With tyrod taylor throwing passes? Lol

Best rookie wr will be Tre'quan or Ridley.

You mean an accurate pass into the receivers hands? Isn't that his job? Im not sure what where you are going with that comment. He did what he could with little to nothing at WR. What was he supposed to do? No he isn't prolific but he is proficient.

17 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Desmond Harrison OT-----A big freaky OT with mauling strength and incredible athleticism. I bet he becomes a starting LT in the NFL if he doesn’t get in trouble.

This is the one I agree the most about, the best part is he has stayed out of trouble in Georgia, which is not easy in the slightest. 

Archived