Jump to content
Luckycolts

Top 10 NFL rookies that will exceed expectations?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, jarren said:

As a Falcons fan the only receiver who will get more looks than Ridley without a doubt is Julio.  Ridley will out target Hooper and I feel he beats out Sanu as well as Sanu will work out of the slot. 

Callaway will be behind Gordon and Landry at the very least in terms of targets.

Add in the QBs and Ridley is in a much better situation and therefore will have a more productive rookie season. This is coming from someone who has Callaway has a top 15 player in this class. 

 

I just don’t understand how Callaway who I view as the better player than Ridley with only a slot receiver as his real threat to targets, be in a worse situation outside of QB. I also live in Atlanta, and frequently watch Falcons games. Hooper is going to have another breakout and continue to improve. People are still overselling what the Browns have. While I still think the Browns have a vastly improved offense, it’s no Falcons in terms of talent. If Callaway is a top 15 player in this draft, then how do you think he is going to be struggling to compete for a starting spot on the outside? Against Josh Gordon and Ricardo Louis. And not even just struggling for a spot, more so struggling for targets. 

Edited by YogiBiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

I just don’t understand how Callaway who I view as the better player than Ridley with only a slot receiver as his real threat to targets, be in a worse situation outside of QB. I also live in Atlanta, and frequently watch Falcons games. Hooper is going to have another breakout and continue to improve. People are still overselling what the Browns have. While I still think the Browns have a vastly improved offense, it’s no Falcons in terms of talent. If Callaway is a top 15 player in this draft, then how do you think he is going to be struggling to compete for a starting spot on the outside? Against Josh Gordon and Ricardo Louis. And not even just struggling for a spot, more so struggling for targets. 

That's not true at all.

Tyrod likes throwing to TE's and RB's a lot. Callaway isn't going to sniff 700 yards this season.

David Njoku will have more targets and yards than Callaway this year, let alone Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry. The Browns also have 2 RB's who are good at catching the ball. Callaway will be lucky to get 400 yards this season. If Callaway was on the Falcons, then I would agree he could hit 700 yards. Unfortunately for him, he's a Brown and his QB isn't that good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Tyrod likes throwing to TE's and RB's a lot

You can argue that this is only because he never had real WR options at Buffalo, he may have done that out of necessity.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You can argue that this is only because he never had real WR options at Buffalo, he may have done that out of necessity.

Considering his best receivers were Clay, and McCoy. I would say that as well. 

EDIT: And by that, I mean he would have to throw to those players more. 

Edited by YogiBiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 3:22 PM, Luckycolts said:

So you said all that just to say we don’t have a Corner? 

 

--It's worse than that. You guys have a ton of holes for other teams to violate. But that's by far the worst unit in the NFL IMO.

 

You know who Quincy Wilson is? Pierre Desir?

 

--If you're counting on Quincy Wilson and Pierre Desir to be your starters, you're gonna have a bad time. I know both of them. Pierre Desir is the dude that the Browns drafted and wasn't good enough to be on the roster. And Quincy Wilson is the cement-feet cornerback that I predicted to bust last year. And then he had a poor rookie season on a team starved for CB's.

 

I mean they aren’t stars yet but they’ll get the job done. 

 

--No they won't lol!

 

Browns had one 0-16 season, coach promised them it’ll never happen again on live TV and proceeded to have another 0-16 season.

 

--What does this have to do with the current roster, that is 95% better than it was the past two years?

 

Just cause they look good on paper doesn’t mean anything. But you’re just another one that’ll be proven wrong, I’ll make sure I remember you 

 

--Please do. Come find me to remind me how right I was about the Colts being the taint of the NFL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 5:13 PM, YogiBiz said:

The Colts are bad, when Quincy Wilson is your best option (no offense to him cause he has potential), then go on to name drop Pierre Desir, you have no legitimate talent at corner. We're talking about two different teams, when comparing the Browns from last year to the Browns of this upcoming year. 

Hey lets not forget that two of your top 4 RB's are well under 200lbs. And your only receiver of note is Hilton, but hey Deon Cain might impress for you. Also your most talented player at the position is either Robert Turbin/Marlon Mack. You finally addressed one position on the horrible offensive line, and think your team is fixed. Without Luck, I doubt The Colts are a 6 win team. 

@Luckycolts

 

Exactly. I can't believe he actually typed the name Pierre Desir in to the word box and thought it would be ok to press "submit reply."

 

The only unit where the Colts are better than the Browns right now is at QB, which is looking pretty murky anyways with Luck's health. Oh and you guys might have a better kicker than us, idk. But the rest of your roster is hilariously bad and it's a miracle you guys won any games last season. Your horrid season was an overachievement. Even with Luck, I don't think the Colts win more than 5-6 games max. That roster makes me gag. I seriously can't believe he used the phrases "Pierre Desir" and "get the job done" in the same sentence. The only job Pierre Desir can do is....nevermind. I like the forum and want to remain here so I'll swallow my tongue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark Walton, RB, Cincinnati. There isn't much expected of him right now. I think he should easily beat out Bernard for the No. 2 role and could challenge Mixon. Cincinnati wasn't a great place for Walton to land IMO, because Mixon is kind of a similar player, but I think Walton could make a big impact. If he gets time as the No. 1 I think he'll find success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2018 at 7:28 PM, Jeezla said:

That's not true at all.

Tyrod likes throwing to TE's and RB's a lot. Callaway isn't going to sniff 700 yards this season.

David Njoku will have more targets and yards than Callaway this year, let alone Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry. The Browns also have 2 RB's who are good at catching the ball. Callaway will be lucky to get 400 yards this season. If Callaway was on the Falcons, then I would agree he could hit 700 yards. Unfortunately for him, he's a Brown and his QB isn't that good.

I'll sig bet you that Callaway has more targets + yards then Njoku, and D Johnson. 

Something along the lines of I'm stupid for believing/not believing Antonio Callaway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:22 PM, Luckycolts said:

So you said all that just to say we don’t have a Corner? You know who Quincy Wilson is? Pierre Desir?

Bro, Quincy Wilson and Pierre Desir? :D The same Quincy Wilson who was rated the 56th best corner by PFF and the same Pierre Desir who couldn't make it with the Browns and had a 48.7 rating by PFF?  That's not saying much at all

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2018 at 6:11 PM, Luckycolts said:

 Maurice Hurst. 

Easily one of, if not the best DT talent in this yrs draft. Only reason why he fell to the Raiders in the 5th is cause of a heart condition. Which I understand is a huge risk. But he was cleared to play and if (huge if) that condition doesn’t pop back up he will go nuts for the Raiders. And to get him in the 5th is remarkable.

I too can't wait to see what a player like him adds to our D. Mack has never had much (if any) consistent help on the D-line over the years. Our last good interior rusher was Richard Seymour. Hurst and Hall are going to see a lot of playing time I imagine and I pray we can finally get after the QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Mark Walton, RB, Cincinnati. There isn't much expected of him right now. I think he should easily beat out Bernard for the No. 2 role and could challenge Mixon. Cincinnati wasn't a great place for Walton to land IMO, because Mixon is kind of a similar player, but I think Walton could make a big impact. If he gets time as the No. 1 I think he'll find success.

Mixon isn't a similar player to Walton. Mixon's far more athletically gifted. He compares more favorably to Bernard, who I think is a better version of Walton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Mark Walton, RB, Cincinnati. There isn't much expected of him right now. I think he should easily beat out Bernard for the No. 2 role and could challenge Mixon. Cincinnati wasn't a great place for Walton to land IMO, because Mixon is kind of a similar player, but I think Walton could make a big impact. If he gets time as the No. 1 I think he'll find success.

Wow, you are underselling Bernard quite a bit. I like Walton, but Gio is a really good player at what he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28.5.2018 at 10:50 AM, goldfishwars said:

Here's 10 guys who can outperform expectations in their rookie seasons based on talent/opportunity:

 

* Tregay (LB) Scales - Rams (UDFA)

I had an early day three grade on Scales, who was an important leader on his Indiana defense. Perhaps his athletic testing dropped him out of the draft altogether, but the tape is really solid. He's got a good all-round game, can line up at a number of spots and there are opportunities to impress at inside linebacker in LA this year. 

 

didn't hear anything about scales, but justin lawler is getting reps with the first defense at olb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, Forge said:

Wow, you are underselling Bernard quite a bit. I like Walton, but Gio is a really good player at what he does.

I know Bernard is good, but I think Walton will be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×