Trent Williams hosed on NFL’s top 100

turtle28

Trent Williams should be at least in the top 25. To be ranked at 57 when he is the arguably the best LT in the NFL, seems like a back handed slap to the Redskins. 

Considering he played at a pro bowl level through pain and grinded it out at the highest level possible, shocks me that he is 57. 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The difference is TWill played in 10 games. J.J. Watt got hurt in week 5 and missed the rest of the year.

Honestly, he's still in the Top 100 , easy.

There is no circumstance in which I would take Williams over JJ Watt right now. None.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Honestly, he's still in the Top 100 , easy.

There is no circumstance in which I would take Williams over JJ Watt right now. None.

Except for the fact that Watt can’t play because his body won’t allow him to even play half a season right?

The most important ability is availability and Watt Hasn’t been available for his team for two years straight. He shouldn’t be on the list until he can at least play 10 games again.

He’s their most expensive player and he’s only played 8 out of 32 games the last two seasons. That’s a huge problem.

When healthy, motivated and not carrying an Extra 30-50 pounds he’s a top LT. The last 3 years he’s a 5-8 LT. It’s hard for fans to see this but he still certainly is a top 3 all reputation LT. Let’s hope he plays to his athletic gifts. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

When healthy, motivated and not carrying an Extra 30-50 pounds he’s a top LT. The last 3 years he’s a 5-8 LT. It’s hard for fans to see this but he still certainly is a top 3 all reputation LT. Let’s hope he plays to his athletic gifts. 

That’s not true. He’s not overweight for his position, he played 3/4 of the year with a torn patella tendon. You should watch the highlights I posted. In there, there is the play from the San Diego game where Melvin Ingram does a spin to the inside to get to Kirk and Trent Williams does a spin move to the inside to block him. He’s the only LT in the NFl with the althletic ability to do that and he  did that with a torn ligament in one of his knees. He’s arguably the #1 LT and IMO he is the #1 LT. Other players think that as well from other teams.

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

You keep posting this but nearly every national publication that ranks LT rates him in the top 3. 

Archived