Trent Williams hosed on NFL’s top 100

turtle28

24 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

he cant stay healthy even when playing hurt he isnt 100 percent

jwatt is a game changer and was defensive player of the year

Here’s the way I think about it. If TWill and Watt went against each other all game, Watt would be lucky to get 1 sack or 1 QB hit.

Watt is a great player but let’s not lose sight of the fact that he mostly rushes against RG’s and Rts who aren’t nearly as good in pass protection as LTs.

24 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

he cant stay healthy even when playing hurt he isnt 100 percent

jwatt is a game changer and was defensive player of the year

Of course,just not top 100 last season based on lack of playing time and no real production in the few games he played.

On 5/25/2018 at 1:23 PM, turtle28 said:

Here’s the way I think about it. If TWill and Watt went against each other all game, Watt would be lucky to get 1 sack or 1 QB hit.

Watt is a great player but let’s not lose sight of the fact that he mostly rushes against RG’s and Rts who aren’t nearly as good in pass protection as LTs.

If Watt goes against Trent Williams, Watt eats Trent WIlliams for breakfast. Dude is  HoFer.

7 hours ago, Slateman said:

If Watt goes against Trent Williams, Watt eats Trent WIlliams for breakfast. Dude is  HoFer.

yeah ill take 1 sack per game on any de....

trent williams aint going on any first ballots to the hof

On 5/25/2018 at 1:23 PM, turtle28 said:

I see what your saying but Twill usually has speed edge guys to deal with in a ton of space Not powerhouses like Watt who works in the quagmire of the interior and usually sees doubles. I love T Will but if both healthy I think Watt would win more snaps than he loses

On 5/29/2018 at 4:23 PM, bigdog44 said:

I see what your saying but Twill usually has speed edge guys to deal with in a ton of space Not powerhouses like Watt who works in the quagmire of the interior and usually sees doubles. I love T Will but if both healthy I think Watt would win more snaps than he loses

I don’t think it matters. TWill is also a powerhouse, he has the ability to block anyone. I love Watt, but a great blocking OL can shut down a great pass rusher continuously and make them ineffective. TWill does that to any pass rusher in the NFL.

I mean, there’s just no way that’s Watt wins against TWill more than he loses against him. Watt doesn’t even win more than he loses against average RGs. I’m sure Watt would make some plays but he wouldn’t be the wrecking ball he is going against a talent like TWill all game.

I mean if you look at Watt’s game logs from his best years, he teed off against bad offensive lines like the Colts, Jags and Titans OLs of 3 to 5 years ago twice a year. He wasn’t going up against guys like TWill or Brandon Scherff twice a year back then.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:39 AM, Slateman said:

Didn’t they already go against each other in RGs second year and Trent shut him down? I could be remembering it wrong though. 

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Didn’t they already go against each other in RGs second year and Trent shut him down? I could be remembering it wrong though. 

It was 2014 in Jay Gruden’s first game as HC. Trent didn’t have to block Watt, but let’s use this as a measuring stick... in that game, Watt didn’t dominated Chris Chester.  Watt had just 3 tackles, 1 sack and 1 batted pass in that game, so yeah, let that sink in.

On 6/6/2018 at 12:47 PM, turtle28 said:

It was 2014 in Jay Gruden’s first game as HC. Trent didn’t have to block Watt, but let’s use this as a measuring stick... in that game, Watt didn’t dominated Chris Chester.  Watt had just 3 tackles, 1 sack and 1 batted pass in that game, so yeah, let that sink in.

I’m not gonna go by stats to see how a hall of fame 3-4 end did against Chris Chester. We all know that doesn’t account for disruptive plays, plays where Watt ate doubles or sat and clogged a gap and someone else made a tackle or a sack. Since we are using stats, if Watt did that in one game I’d gladly take 48 tackles 16 sacks and 16 batted balls out of any of my D linemen. 

2 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I’m not gonna go by stats to see how a hall of fame 3-4 end did against Chris Chester. We all know that doesn’t account for disruptive plays, plays where Watt ate doubles or sat and clogged a gap and someone else made a tackle or a sack. Since we are using stats, if Watt did that in one game I’d gladly take 48 tackles 16 sacks and 16 batted balls out of any of my D linemen. 

I watched the game and remember it well, Watt didn’t dominate in the game. It was a concern of everyone leading up to the game, Watt vs Chester but Chester mostly held his own.

On 6/6/2018 at 12:47 PM, turtle28 said:

lol, are you for real right now?  "just"

Three tackles, two for a loss, one sack, one fumble recovery, and a blocked kick. That's a monster game from any defensive linemen. Especially a 3-4 DE. I would be ecstatic if Allen or Payne have a "just" game like that.

10 hours ago, Slateman said:

lol, are you for real right now?  "just"

Three tackles, two for a loss, one sack, one fumble recovery, and a blocked kick. That's a monster game from any defensive linemen. Especially a 3-4 DE. I would be ecstatic if Allen or Payne have a "just" game like that.

Look at Watt’s game logs from when he was healthy and by his standards 3 tackles and 1 sack is not a ”Monster game.” 3 to 5 years ago, a poor game for Watt was 1 sack a game. Back then, he was getting 15 to 20 sacks a season.

A few games when he went up against AFC South OGs 3 to 5 years ago he had 3 sacks in one game. Most of us were expecting something like that in week 1 of  2014 because he was going against Chester and luckily for us that didn’t happen. Watt was good in that game, but he wasn’t dominant/unblockable.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Look at Watt’s game logs from when he was healthy and by his standards 3 tackles and 1 sack is not a ”Monster game.” 3 to 5 years ago, a poor game for Watt was 1 sack a game. Back then, he was getting 15 to 20 sacks a season.

A few games when he went up against AFC South OGs 3 to 5 years ago he had 3 sacks in one game. Most of us were expecting something like that in week 1 of  2014 because he was going against Chester and luckily for us that didn’t happen. Watt was good in that game, but he wasn’t dominant/unblockable.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000390818/article/texans-ride-dominant-watt-performance-to-opener-win

J.J. Watt got paid this summer, and he immediately reminded everyone why he was worth every penny. Watt almost single-handedly wrecked Washington's gameplan, finishing with seven quarterback hits, one sack, one fumble recovery, one pass knocked down and one blocked PAT. A second sack was wiped out by an intentional grounding penalty. The game's best defensive player is at the height of his powers.

Seriously, are you for real right now? Please tell me you're just doing some silly schtick. Or you're literally on RGIII's payroll to make him look good.

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000390818/article/texans-ride-dominant-watt-performance-to-opener-win

Seriously, are you for real right now? Please tell me you're just doing some silly schtick. Or you're literally on RGIII's payroll to make him look good.

I didn’t say anything about RG3. I don’t remember anyone who watched the game in this forum thinking that Watt dominated the game like we all thought he would. Most thought the skins didn’t have a chance bc of the Chester vs Watt match up in particular and in fact the Redskins really should’ve won that game and would have if they had run the ball more, if Paul didn’t fumble on his long reception and if Bacarri Rambo didn’t blow his coverage/miss a tackle on the one long pass play the Texans had.

It really doesn’t even matter though because this match up will never happen. Watt doesn’t line up against LTs, so he and TWill will never face each other even when the Texans play the Redskins on November 11th of this year.

I guess we’ll see though what Watt does vs Scherff in that game - if Watt is actually playing.

Archived