Leonard Fournette lands at #58 on NFL's Top 100

Jags

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I mean.... how?

I am on a mobile device and I can'tget the YouTube link to show the video and the twitter link isn't popping up properly either. 

4 minutes ago, Jags said:

I am on a mobile device and I can'tget the YouTube link to show the video and the twitter link isn't popping up properly either. 

I fixed them for you. I meant “how?” as in “how is he ranked here?” Because for as much as I love Leo, he’s not deserving of being top 58.

Not sure why he is ranked so high.

The OL wasn’t very good at run blocking last season. He wasn’t the same LF after he got hurt in the Rams game. He faced 8 men in the box a lot. Besides, the two long runs against Pitt and LA, he really couldn’t get much going on the ground.

With the addition of Norwell, an off-season for LF to rest and adding deep threats like Moncrief and Chark, I expect LF to definitely be better next season. 

I am glad with the way he caught the ball last year. That was a pleasant surprise.

48 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I fixed them for you. I meant “how?” as in “how is he ranked here?” Because for as much as I love Leo, he’s not deserving of being top 58.

You'rethe real MVP

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

So on the "HOW" factor... This is my opinion: 

1. It's a popularity contest and like the video says, there are a lot of LSU alum on the list and they're looking out for one another. 

2. Some of us fans may watch a ton of film and think we have the understandings of just about every aspect there is, but there is one thing we don't experience... The pain. It sounds like a few of these players are showing respect because the way that LF hammers away at a defense for 4 quarters and how every hit is intense and the defenders know he's going to bring the boom. It's something that they don't like to deal with, but they respect the tenacity, which caused them to put him in their top 100 list. 

2 hours ago, Jags said:

So on the "HOW" factor... This is my opinion: 

1. It's a popularity contest and like the video says, there are a lot of LSU alum on the list and they're looking out for one another. 

2. Some of us fans may watch a ton of film and think we have the understandings of just about every aspect there is, but there is one thing we don't experience... The pain. It sounds like a few of these players are showing respect because the way that LF hammers away at a defense for 4 quarters and how every hit is intense and the defenders know he's going to bring the boom. It's something that they don't like to deal with, but they respect the tenacity, which caused them to put him in their top 100 list. 

Yeah.  Pretty much this i think.

I feel like the "tone-setter" aspect to Fournette is still getting kinda overlooked.  He's not just a guy who goes out and makes yards (though he was pretty darn good at that, behind a pretty mediocre OLine as well)...he makes hard yards...and he makes those carries hard on the opposition as well.  There aren't many "easy touches" on Fournette's resume.  That still matters.

Archived