Jarvis Landry ranked #52 in top 100 countdown

candyman93

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Well the idiot actually has a legit secondary to work with. Assuming last year is an outlier for Williams since he has been good at all his other previous stops. Also towards the end of the season he was using Peppers towards the line. 

He did that for one game.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

The real question here is, you hate our players, you hate our coaches, you hate our owner, why are you here instead of the Eagles forum?  The win the super bowl last year and post like a text book band wagon jumper.

I hate them because they are terrible. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He did that for one game.

Pretty sure the last 2-3 games of the year he started to utilize Peppers more around the LoS. I’d trust his track record as a coach over his career prior to he browns than what he did last season with the browns. Specially when they entire secondary was rebuilt and there won’t be a returning starter from last year at the same position.

4 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I trust a proven performer at DC to actually perform with more pieces to work with.  What a concept!

Once in a blue moon we agree on something. 

I don’t know how some people just assume Williams is going to not make changes. We have seen at every stops that Williams will try and find a scheme he likes  and works. Hell at other stops he ran a true 4-3. At other stops he ran a modified/hybrid 4-3/4-2-5 where he took a safety who struggled the year before with him and made him a linebacker. 

If it was a schematic issue with Williams pretty sure we would see some carry over of players. Dorsey comes in and overhauls the entire unit. He didn’t do that for chits and gigs he did it because the overall talent was garbage outside of Peppers BBC and Kindred

13 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I predict these words won't taste very good next year at this time.  I believe that Peppers will be a beast at strong safety in a hybrid type of role.  Last year he was a star-shaped peg forced into a round hole.

This year Williams will have the luxury of using him correctly, all over the field.  Any real Browns fans will remember how terrible it was playing against Troy Polamalu.  The reason was a combination of how he was used, and how great he was at it.  He had complete freedom to roam in the scheme and improvise, combined with elite instincts.  I believe that Peppers has different, but similar potential.

Easily the most painful like I've given to date! But we agree, or at least mutually hope, Peppers has a legit season. Let's not let this happen again.

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Once in a blue moon we agree on something. 

I don’t know how some people just assume Williams is going to not make changes. We have seen at every stops that Williams will try and find a scheme he likes  and works. Hell at other stops he ran a true 4-3. At other stops he ran a modified/hybrid 4-3/4-2-5 where he took a safety who struggled the year before with him and made him a linebacker. 

If it was a schematic issue with Williams pretty sure we would see some carry over of players. Dorsey comes in and overhauls the entire unit. He didn’t do that for chits and gigs he did it because the overall talent was garbage outside of Peppers BBC and Kindred

In short, he adapts his scheme to the players at his disposal.  The very best coaches always do.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Can't show this to Hue. The lack of streak routes will get Landry cut. 

The route tree is pretty misleading, that is 2017, on a different team, with a different offensive system, and different coaching staff.  Those were all huge factors on his route tree.  Landry has no lack of confidence in his deep game.  It could be entirely different this year.

Why is our only pro bowler from last year not getting any love here? Joe was in his first year as MLB (remember we played a 3-4 his rookie year). Now he's going into his 3rd season (2nd at his current position) there are 0 reasons to think he'll decline, add in what "should be" a vastly improved secondary. Instead I see opinions on here that our starting to lbs will be Collins, Kendricks and kirksey???? Dude made the pro bowl and now he won't be starting? #noloveforschobert

1 hour ago, Keylargobrownie said:

Why is our only pro bowler from last year not getting any love here? Joe was in his first year as MLB (remember we played a 3-4 his rookie year). Now he's going into his 3rd season (2nd at his current position) there are 0 reasons to think he'll decline, add in what "should be" a vastly improved secondary. Instead I see opinions on here that our starting to lbs will be Collins, Kendricks and kirksey???? Dude made the pro bowl and now he won't be starting? #noloveforschobert

Statistically he is similar to Kirksey. I like Kirksey as a tackler better. I think Joe is better in coverage. 

I think James Burgess could be better than both. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I do. 

4 sacks and some massive tackles.

He was 2nd on our team with 4 sacks behind Myles Garrett and equal to Ogbah. I think Kirksey and Joe had more opportunity. 

The least I think we will get from him is a great special teamer. He has similar combine numbers to a rb. So he is an explosive lb. 

Archived