Organized Team Activities

cddolphin

OTAs start today! Individual player press-conferences will be happening too, with Tannehill scheduled to speak on Wednesday.

The Dolphins will hold their first OTA from May 22-24, their second from May 29-31, and their final one from June 11-14. The mandatory minicamp will be June 5-7.

I'll be posting tweets and updates, feel free to join.

I have heard that there is lots of optimism this year. From what one player was quoted as saying that the locker room "feels right". I hope that the team can really work together this year, no matter what the record is. Last year it just seemed like players were just there, not really in it.

3 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

I have heard that there is lots of optimism this year. From what one player was quoted as saying that the locker room "feels right". I hope that the team can really work together this year, no matter what the record is. Last year it just seemed like players were just there, not really in it.

9-7 or 10-6

Jesse Davis has been named the starting Right Gaurd.  I was expecting this but not in OTA’s........nevertheless I’m glad this happened.  Davis is a big, strong, aggressive OG that gets push and movement in the run game.  Now that all 5 starting OLineman are set, let’s hope they can stay healthy ( along with T-Hill ) and gel.  If so, I think our Offense will look better than it’s looked in over a decade.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, Swampbilly said:

Jesse Davis has been named the starting Right Gaurd.  I was expecting this but not in OTA’s........nevertheless I’m glad this happened.  Davis is a big, strong, aggressive OG that gets push and movement in the run game.  Now that all 5 starting OLineman are set, let’s hope they can stay healthy ( along with T-Hill ) and gel.  If so, I think our Offense will look better than it’s looked in over a decade.

During his press conference, Davis threw a little shade at Pouncey. He praised Killgore and Sitton for "taking the young O-lineman under their wing" and immediately seizing a leadership role. He said that they are the first to correct technique issues, and have spent lots of time with the tackles on how they should all be working together. He also made a comment about "knowing where to go", which I am assuming he is talking about line calls. He also said that they are playing with more energy this year.

I personally feel that the fact that the entire O-line is set, is going to help everyone get on the same page, and limit the mistakes like unblocked rushers we had last year.

On 6/7/2018 at 7:36 AM, ericsvibe said:

During his press conference, Davis threw a little shade at Pouncey. He praised Killgore and Sitton for "taking the young O-lineman under their wing" and immediately seizing a leadership role. He said that they are the first to correct technique issues, and have spent lots of time with the tackles on how they should all be working together. He also made a comment about "knowing where to go", which I am assuming he is talking about line calls. He also said that they are playing with more energy this year.

I personally feel that the fact that the entire O-line is set, is going to help everyone get on the same page, and limit the mistakes like unblocked rushers we had last year.

Now that I think about it Pouncey didn’t seem the type of player to spend extra time mentoring the younger OLinemen.  I’m glad we moved on from Pouncey.  Injuries derailed him from reaching his potential but not from expecting a huge salary.

• 1 month later...

Archived