Eagles cut Kendricks (officially signs with Cleveland)

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Danger said:

He was, in fact he was better than solid. Inevitably he just became a cap casualty. Howie liked Bradham better than Kendricks, and we play a lot of Nickel meaning we usually don't field 3 LB. Howie doesn't really want to invest a whole hell of a lot of capital in the LB position. The thing I'm most miffed about is why they didn't/couldn't? get any draft capital for him. 

Possible they respected him enough to say "we'll let you pick where you want to go" instead of sending him somewhere for a 7th. Unsure of the cap implications in a trade vs a release, though.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Possible they respected him enough to say "we'll let you pick where you want to go" instead of sending him somewhere for a 7th. Unsure of the cap implications in a trade vs a release, though.

That's not the case. If it were, they'd have cut him almost immediately after having resigned Bradham.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's not the case. If it were, they'd have cut him almost immediately after having resigned Bradham.

I’m not plugged into the situation, but I don’t see why that must be the case. If Philly was recently fielding trade offers, then at that point they could say the compensation isn’t worthwhile. 

They could’ve been holding out for something better, but not gotten it.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Eric as a whole is asked to do more, but I believe Mychal excelled more this past season than Eric at their respective roles.

Eric Kendricks wasn't loved by PFF but he had a pretty good season. He'll be better with Richardson and a healthy Griffen in front of him.

Isn't Mychal Kendricks awesome in SNF and MNF?