Eagles cut Kendricks (officially signs with Cleveland)

49erurtaza

Mychal Kendricks: "It’d be a dream come true, he's my best friend. Playing with my bro would be so cool, and it’s a rare opportunity.’ He’s doing all he can, he’s let me know what the team’s all about. But he knows in the end I’m going to make my decision based off the things that are presented to me. I’m looking at the teams and then I will make a decision, and then money talks will come into play, and then I’ll make another decision.’’

Kendricks said he’s not aware of the Vikings making an offer yet.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/05/29/after-vikings-visit-mychal-kendricks-says-joining-brother-eric-would-be-awesome/

10 hours ago, BABYLON 5 said:

If Gruden really wants Mychal Kendricks he will not leave the building 

You're making the assumption "He'd make him an offer He can't refuse"? There are a number of reasons Kendrick's would leave the building, first and foremost playing with his brother if that indeed is an option.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You're making the assumption "He'd make him an offer He can't refuse"? There are a number of reasons Kendrick's would leave the building, first and foremost playing with his brother if that indeed is an option.

No I'm not making assumptions that came out of Jon Gruden owe mouth .I'm just quoting what he said 

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Gedeon was good last year. I don't care of Eric Kendricks signs with us or not. It would be nice to have the depth but his going somewhere else won't kill us.

Pretty sure Eric just signed a $50 mil deal with you, so you should care if he is part of your depth.

So which team between the Raiders and Browns can offer him more playing time? Hopefully that's the team he chooses. I've always like MK, always produced when given his opportunity. Yes at times he struggles in coverage but let's be real. A lot of LB ,even good ones do too.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

So which team between the Raiders and Browns can offer him more playing time? Hopefully that's the team he chooses. I've always like MK, always produced when given his opportunity. Yes at times he struggles in coverage but let's be real. A lot of LB ,even good ones do too.

If he's only playing 30% of the downs it shouldn't be a big issue.

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

After reading the Browns forum, it sounds as though many fans don't see a real "need" with him. Moreso offering good depth. For the Raiders, he would 100% be a starter opposite Whiteside, with Johnson in the middle. UDFA Morrow played well for us last season but Kendricks would be a big upgrade over him. 

He was great in his role in Philly. Just was getting paid like a high end 3 down LB. He's a great blitzer for a LB and is probably best served being limited in man coverage. Being that Schwartz tries not to blitz as much and being behind LBs Hicks, young talented MLB, and Bradham, Schwartz' personal bulldog, he wasn't getting much PT before Hicks' injury. If you can put him in a defense where the DL can keep him free, he's a guy that can make plays all over. Super athletic, sideline to sideline and has a knack for the ball. Unfortunately, he's easily schemed against. He's at his best in aggressive, subpackage defenses. But he's got to understand that first. Plenty of value to be had though. Would be cool seeing him with the Raiders. I feel they could get the most out of him.